SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I just picked up my 04 MT S60R in black last week.

Coming from a 2004 GTI VR6 I'm very satisfied. I've been dreaming about this car since there was talk of it back in 2003. I only wish I could've found a post 2004 model without the plastic trim.

My first modification was made today. I got an aftermarket AUX/USB port installed to it's amazing stock stereo system.

There's a switch underneath the dash (right above the accelerator), that when switched transmits my phone's music over an FM station with no interference.

The ports are in the cubby next to the radio.

I'm using the pen holder as a phone holder now too to make the best of the 04 interior. The quality is great and I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
782 Posts
A+!
A new SS member with a great 1st post AND a local guy too? Hey now!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Cool...are you getting a mount for your phone?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How does it connect to the radio? And pricing on the package?
With the switch turned on, no FM stations come through. I had it set to 89.7 for the AUX port to come through. When the switch is off, it's just like nothing had ever been installed.

The kit was $139.99. I needed an antenna adapter, which was $25.99 and installation (an hour and a half) was $5. I paid $181 and change for everything.

As for a mount for my phone, I'll probably hold off since my upgrade is coming up this summer.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Cool system for the audio, first time I've seen that. And great place for the USB and audio ports. So someone else did it for you?

Welcome! I'm with you in that I first saw an R on the freeway and knew I had to have one. Some years later I had the money and finally got one in the color I wanted. Fun cars. :) I'm still happy with mine and I've had it now for 4 years.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I installed that exact unit in my ex-wife's car this past weekend! Nice little thing, works well.

Congrats on the new car too!

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That "New car" has since been totaled and replaced with my VR. I'm looking into replacing the HU in this R.

The FM aux system worked well, but I wanna make a big upgrade this time for better sound quality.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was a gigantic PITA, but I only plugged it in once or twice. The wires stashed in the chubby without being seen when they weren't in use.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
It was a gigantic PITA, but I only plugged it in once or twice. The wires stashed in the chubby without being seen when they weren't in use.
May I suggest a pair of chopsticks to plug it in?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^^Happy 1000th post!

I usually made a friend with smaller hands do it if I had to. My new HU for the VR will have them right up front.

·
Registered
32 Posts
would you mind Sharing Which antenna adapter you purchased? and did you do the install yourself? Im looking for a solution for getting my phone to play through my stereo. COnsidering many options right now.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The antenna adapter I don't remember. Best Buy picked it and installed everything for free.

·
Registered
536 Posts

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
How funny... I am also upgrading from a 2000 12v vr6 :)

My VR is my daily. I like keeping low miles on my R. And when I do get in my R from my VR it's a nice upgrade in power.

But back to original thread topic... I'm looking for an interface than is compatible with the iPhone 5... Anyone have any good units?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I miss the VR6 some days. I definitely prefer all the Volvoness that comes with the R though. I just wish I could control the Windows with the key in the door like the VW.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
That "New car" has since been totaled and replaced with my VR. I'm looking into replacing the HU in this R.

The FM aux system worked well, but I wanna make a big upgrade this time for better sound quality.
And you didn't ask me first for an R?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And you didn't ask me first for an R?
For my first R? If I had known you at the time, I definitely would have! haha I definitely overpaid for that SR. It all worked out though. I'm still loving the VR I got from you. In fact, I'm going out now to give it a good wash. :D

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I miss the VR6 some days. I definitely prefer all the Volvoness that comes with the R though. I just wish I could control the Windows with the key in the door like the VW.
I wish my R had the exterior window controls too. Only thing I like about the vr6 more is the turning radius haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts