SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Yes, FYI, check out the roadmap stickie on the SPA +16 XC90 forum. Also, voice control was updated a couple of days earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
FYI this is information to users forum XC60 SPA and voice control was updated 12/04/2019 - a month ago
Thanks. I was not aware that the SPA XC60s had a different release cycle for voice. I just assume all SPAs were on the same release. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
The Voice Command files are the same for all SPA cars.
+1

That is what I thought. Here is what the webpage said:
“The current Voice Control version is 31494214AC, released in April 2019. These files will be updated approximately every 6 months. “

This release indicated a date of 30 April 2019 and was posted on the UK and US support webpages on 6 May 2019.

I am not sure how OP determined that the voice control posting is a month old. Maybe a file date, might be a market-specific or labeling thing. Oh well, not material.

The release dates and files may vary based on Windows or Mac. (I use Mac when referencing dates and file sizes).

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
NO COMMENT

I already explained before, but here it is again. You only download a 2.5mb application from Volvo US page, in fact, even this comes from the same server.

FYI all files for the SPA platform are located on one server, locally you download the Win or Mac version, when unpacking and running this download program from the same server regardless of whether you are in America, Europe, Australia, or Africa

I downloaded the Voice Control for SPA package on April 15, 2019 :D so what you write is not true :nono:

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Volvo USA website only has map version 1256 listed. Voice control files are listed as an April of 2019 release. Looks like our map version here hasn't caught up to yours yet.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
@BigBang: No untruths intended.

The discrepancies seem to lie in whether one is downloading is the Windows version or the Mac version. I use the Mac version which indicates that the file size of the Voice Control is 1.86 GB (v. 2.5mb that is referenced above).

Regardless, I updated my last sentence as dates and file sizes may vary between Windows and Mac versions.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
The Volvo USA website only has map version 1256 listed. Voice control files are listed as an April of 2019 release. Looks like our map version here hasn't caught up to yours yet.
Actually, the US webpage is slower to be updated in terms of the written information. If you initiate the appropriate download (Windows or Mac), you will likely see 1260 downloading despite what the webpage says.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Actually, the US webpage is slower to be updated in terms of the written information. If you initiate the appropriate download (Windows or Mac), you will likely see 1260 downloading despite what the webpage says.
Yes, I just downloaded 1260 yesterday on my Mac, along with the new voice file.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
@BigBang: No untruths intended.

The discrepancies seem to lie in whether one is downloading is the Windows version or the Mac version. I use the Mac version which indicates that the file size of the Voice Control is 1.86 GB (v. 2.5mb that is referenced above).

Regardless, I updated my last sentence as dates and file sizes may vary between Windows and Mac versions.
You only download a 2.5mb application - THIS IS FOR UPDATE MAPS and Voice Control

Voice Control is same 1,86 GB for the whole world

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
You only download a 2.5mb application - THIS IS FOR UPDATE MAPS NOT FOR Voice Control

Voice Control is same 1,86 GB for the whole world
BigBang: 1.86GB is what I referenced that I downloaded. Your link above referenced “2.5mb” which I thought was an inadvertent typo. Anyway, all’s good.

I already explained before, but here it is again. You only download a 2.5mb application from Volvo US page, in fact, even this comes from the same server.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
BigBang: 1.86GB is what I referenced that I downloaded. Your link referenced “2.5mb” which I thought was an inadvertent typo.

I have not written anywhere that it's an upgrade Voice Control 2,5MB THAN application

You wrote that the Voice Control Upgrade is available as of May 6, 2019, which is not true

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Thanks! It really doesn’t matter as long as you get the most current information. I saw a date of 30 April 2019 for the Voice Control file that was posted on or near 6 May 2019. YMMV. I really could care less what the date and file size of the application is that downloads the data file.

Have a nice day.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
FYI this is information to users forum XC60 SPA and voice control was updated 12/04/2019 - a month ago
Quick follow-up, BigBang. My apologies. I have now come across Technical Journal 33211.2.3 where it references a 15 April 2019 update. In the US, according to the TJ, it was issued on 29 April 2019 and posted on 3 May 2019. Thus, I can see your perspective. Anyway, all is good.

White Line Sky Calm Beige

1 - 17 of 17 Posts