1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
389 Posts
Just got an email from superbrightleds.com (quality products) featuring their new LED headlight kits: https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat...sion-kits&utm_campaign=newsletter2015February

Who's going to be the first to try here on SS? :cool:
That's a cool idea. I wish the color temp were ~5000K, as that's close to oem HID lamps and 6000K is noticably blue in comparison.

It'll be interesting too see how these do in reflector lamps. If they don't cause too much dazzle, this would be a great replacement option for general use, not just the aftermarket crowd.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Only 50$ cheaper then an hid kit let's see what the output and color looks like.

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Registered
279 Posts
My buddy is all about the LED's. If you want them to output any light for driving. You need the kits with the ballasts/voltage regulators. The kits are 200ish.
I have LED fogs with out these ballasts. And they do jack **** for lighting output other than looking a cool colour.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Unless its a state specific inspection dot won't bother checking if your bulbs are led or not as long as they can see that you can see where your going

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Inspections seem to usually just be connecting up via OBDII and checking the computers/emissions for newer cars nowadays. I know on my 40 by headlight beam adjustment is a bit out of whack and they thought nothing of it. Also, my e-brake is temporarily seized, but still no f***s given.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.