SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new set of ABM projector headlights. Chrome silver version w/US amber and silver corners.

Yes these aren't great out of the box. That has been fixed. Cutoff and reflector have been modified and now focus a Morimoto 2 Stroke LED down the road with superb throw and pattern!

$350 plus shipping. Price is firm, that's what these retail for in Europe BEFORE led parts and modification.

IF anyone really likes these and wants the utmost setup, I have figured out how to put real bixenon projectors into them. PM me about that.

Low

Low & High

Reactions: qmark

·
Registered
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Night shots since that's what actually matters.

After aiming. 50 feet approx off the wall.

Low

Low & High

100 feet back

Alley shot showing angle and side cutoff

Distance shots as dark as I could find it at the boatyard

·
Registered
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sold. Back in November but I just found this thread again while looking for pics of the beam pattern from these.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So, wait. You modified the beam pattern yourself? just by cutting into the cutoff line plate? Do they come with any notch from the factory, or none at all?

Sorry for all the questions haha. Have them on order rn, and was just wondering about the cutoff line after purchasing.

·
Registered
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, wait. You modified the beam pattern yourself? just by cutting into the cutoff line plate? Do they come with any notch from the factory, or none at all?

Sorry for all the questions haha. Have them on order rn, and was just wondering about the cutoff line after purchasing.
Made custom shields. It’s self explanatory when you open them up

·
Registered
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will they the chrome version? If so sure!
Should be able to get a set. Can do the basic conversion or go to full led standalone project or HiD as well

·
Registered
1998 V70 T5 5-speed
211 Posts
What would you recommend between LED vs HID? LED seems to be simpler.

·
Registered
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What would you recommend between LED vs HID? LED seems to be simpler.
I’ll see what the parts pile costs and get that information to you

·
Registered
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ahhh what have I got myself into.....

Cost of the lights wholesale tbd.

$250 for real HID projector conversion, depending on the bulb color temp. This would be identical to the lights i built for my 99.

$TBD led projector. I havent decided what one to use, yet.

$150 for a LED bulb conversion to the existing ABMs. This is still very good and at last check, has been flawless for 3 years continuous daily use.

Reactions: Austin86ed

·
Registered
160 Posts
You should just start a side gig making these lol. I'm sure a lot of people would be interested.

·
Registered
1998 V70 T5 5-speed
211 Posts
I'm thinking of going LED projector since, I believe, less complicated and therefore less components to fail.

·
Registered
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You should just start a side gig making these lol. I'm sure a lot of people would be interested.
The 3 shelves of p80 jewel/ecode/projectors headlights would suggest something along those lines. Usually start rolling them out about daylight savings time when ppl start thinking about having functional headlights again.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Then I'd love a set of HIDs housed in jewels if you take orders lol.

·
Registered
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Reactions: TubaFreak
1 - 20 of 25 Posts