SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Job

So i am on week two of my new job....as Promotions Manager & Asst Director of Marketing at Sebring International Raceway, home of the annual Mobil 1 12 hrs of Sebring endurance race. I just left my previous job as Promotions Coordinator and Credentialing Manager with Andretti Green Promotions, putting on the 2008 Honda Grand Prix (IRL) and Acura Sports Car Challenge (ALMS) of St. Petersburg. <p>New job pays more, has more benefits, company car access (and gas), phone, owned by Panoz (owns ALMS, IMSA, Road Atlanta, and MoSport too) so i get to travel to other races, and is a year round track (....free hot laps for me hahaha....).<p>Anyway so I am in charge of many different aspects of promotions and operations during the event and year-round. One in particular is the Car Corrals for the 12 hrs of Sebring Race in March. I think it would be pretty cool if there was enough interest if someone on here wanted to organize a volvo corral (Rs in particular) what do you south-east R owners think?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Re: (ClemsonS60R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>ClemsonS60R</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">.....i figured there would be some motorsports fans on here..........????</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Sounds like a dream job. Congrats.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Re: New Job (ClemsonS60R)

I'm a huge motorsports fan. Just not into Nascar. My real racing passion is in GT2 Rolex series although Nascar just took that over. I am into real cars that race. ie no tube chassis bs but Porsche. My close friend Bryce Miller races that circuit for TRG and raced the ALMS for Farnbacher Lowes at Sebring.<p>I'm also into WRC Rally and Touring but never see it on Speed because they sold out to the white trash of Nascar. Sorry I'm bashing them but just Oval track and Tube chassis "Not Stock Cars" with fake bodies made to look like a Taurus or Malibu is just not real racing. I'd concider 70'stock cars though. Put a Stock car driver against an ALMS / GT series driver and they will get killed. Enough rambling now.<p>Anyway congrats on that position. That sounds like a sick job. I'd def be up for a Corral but I live way up in Jersey so it would be a lot of miles for one slow lap.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I'm in. My brother and I had parked our Volvos next to each other at this years 12hrs. That's about as close to a Volvo corral there was.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i came up to the race this year (when i worked over in st pete) and there wasnt many volvos. I figure there has to be enough in Florida and SE to get at least a 20 car corral possibly if there was interest....anyone want to lead the effort on the club end of it then I would work with you if enough people were involved

1 - 6 of 6 Posts