SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the car in NY at the International Car Show and was duely impressed with the package. Today I drove one. I drove a 3.0 with an MSRP just over 40K. <BR><B>Power:</B> I didn't know which motor it was untill I was driving it, as far as the performance..if someone told me it was the 2.5, I would have been impressed, but not as the 3.0, minimal low end torque. <P><B>Fit and finish:</B> Knobs and controls feel like they are straight out of Ford parts bins. Headliner feels like a cheap felt. Seat stitching was not up to a 30-40K level of automobile. The rear seat was not comfortible at all, reminded me of the current A4. No Duel Zone Climate Contol. Seat are not up to Volvo's. Layout was nice and everything was where you expected it to be. Overall it was better than most..not as good as some. <P><B>Handling:</B> Very composed on the road, Jag did a super job here. I would like to take it out on the rain and see how it handled it. <P><B>Overall:</B> One nice package. I want to drive the 2.5 manual. You can equipe the car nicely and be in the mid 35-37 range. I saw the "Sport" package in BRG, the car is competely void of chrome...to a fault, I thilk they went overboard, although I will hold judgement till I see the Silver. I personally liked the car w/o the sport package (although the spoiler was nice). <P><B>Overall:</B> Styling is beautiful. AWD is a big plus. Jaguar has a winner here.<BR><P>

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
I had a chance to check the thing out as well at the NY Auto Show (didn't drive it), and while the design is kinda cool and definitely jaguar, it is really pricey for what it seems to be. Sure the traditional Jag owner will buy it for their smaller car, but for me, the S60, new Audi A4 or BMW 3-series Xi would be on my list before the Jag based on price alone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts