SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my car in for 50k service and had the front rotors replaced under warranty for warping (again.)

After repair, I picked the car up and found it to have a vibration (noticeable through wheel, but also throughout cabin), exacerbated by higher speed. I was particularly annoyed as I'd taken care in for vibration under braking, only to get the car back for vibration at all speeds. Dealer is claiming there is a bent rim, showing evidence of being improperly repaired. The bent rim has also caused an issue to a new tire, causing it to not pass road-force testing.

The rims have been taken off several times and repaired via Easy Care warranty. Dealer claims Easy Care won't fix it and they're washing their hands of responsibility, even though they were the dealer removing the wheels, etc. Car has never been repaired by anyone other than dealer where I purchased the car.

Any advice? Staring down $1400 that I don't feel is my issue and quite disappointed my dealer is not standing behind their work.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Well, it has nothing to do with the brakes or the brake service. Bent rims happen.

Easycare is a third party (non-Volvo) warranty provider. so your problem is now with Easycare's warranty terms. If the wheels have been repaired multiple times by them before, I'm wondering what has changed to make them not cover it this time? Maybe contact Easycare directly.

·
Registered
184 Posts
ebay? try to find a match. or if you need new tires soon anyway get a tire/wheel package from tire rack, the rims I got from them for my winter tires looked v. similar to stock and were CHEAP (whole package of 4 rims and tires was 1450)

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
Had my car in for 50k service and had the front rotors replaced under warranty for warping (again.)

After repair, I picked the car up and found it to have a vibration (noticeable through wheel, but also throughout cabin), exacerbated by higher speed. I was particularly annoyed as I'd taken care in for vibration under braking, only to get the car back for vibration at all speeds. Dealer is claiming there is a bent rim, showing evidence of being improperly repaired. The bent rim has also caused an issue to a new tire, causing it to not pass road-force testing.

The rims have been taken off several times and repaired via Easy Care warranty. Dealer claims Easy Care won't fix it and they're washing their hands of responsibility, even though they were the dealer removing the wheels, etc. Car has never been repaired by anyone other than dealer where I purchased the car.

Any advice? Staring down $1400 that I don't feel is my issue and quite disappointed my dealer is not standing behind their work.
1. 3rd party warranties are always a headache.

2. I suggest reaching out to Easycare Corporate or the Better Business Bureau https://www.bbb.org/us/ga/norcross/profile/auto-warranty-processing/easycare-0443-1358/customer-reviews

The BBB is an absolute laughable joke, but it does appear Easycare does respond to the complaints...BBB doesn't actually guarantee a resolution and still gives Companies an A+ just for replying, whether genuine or insincere.

·
Registered
543 Posts
You could also check the ebay seller below. It's a Volvo dealer in texas that sells takeoff wheels/tires. I got a set of new oem R-Design wheels for under $1500 shipped. The tires still had the manufacturer marking lines on the tread. They sell individual wheels too.

Agree with this source. Purchased two new takeoff RDesign 20” rims for $200 each. Free shipping and quick service.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the recommendation for Ebay - reached out to them this morning as they're in Plano.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, it has nothing to do with the brakes or the brake service. Bent rims happen.

Easycare is a third party (non-Volvo) warranty provider. so your problem is now with Easycare's warranty terms. If the wheels have been repaired multiple times by them before, I'm wondering what has changed to make them not cover it this time? Maybe contact Easycare directly.
The rims have only had curb rash repaired, but if truly the rim was deformed by repair, it's through that process. As the dealer sold the warranty, and the dealer arranged the service and handled all aspects, I view it more of dealer responsibility and they can hash it out with their sub-contractor however they wish. I have no doubt that EasyCare is hard to work with - my disappointment is that if wheel was damaged in repair, the dealer owns that work.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I can’t see how a curb rash repair would result in a bend. It takes some decent force to do that, and a rash repair is typically just sanding and painting.

If they’re claiming the repair caused the damage and they did the repair, then yeah, that’s kinda on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
There is a reason why the company is refusing to repair the bent rim. I think what you need to do is read your warranty. Curb rash is a lot different then a bent rim. I cannot see how the repair shop caused a rim to be bent sufficiently to result in a tire not passing road-force testing? By the way what is Road-Force Testing? I am thinking that if you have had a number of instances where curb rash was bad enough to pull the wheel and repair that perhaps the driving aspect needs some review? My experience is that if you hit a curb hard enough you will distort the rim. Rims that have been bent can sometimes get straightened. It depends on whether the integrity of the metal structure was impacted. If the rim is cracked you are pretty much out of luck. I consulted with a company that was making aluminum rims and watched how they would heat treat and bang the rims when they were out of round. It has also been my experience that often people know what has transpired and either try and pretend that something did not take place and/or hope it can be repaired.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Got any pictures of damage and repairs?

Also, how are you getting 1400 for a wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts