SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
One question though ... the 2011 XC60 T60 has the TF80-SC 6-speed transmission. What is the torque limit on the 'box? What is the iPD tune expected to do to the reliability and life expectancy of the transmission?

·
Registered
188 Posts
What an archaic process to install a tune :( .. A few years ago I installed a tune from Autotech - procured via a group buy through Elevate - on my XC70 and it came with an "ECMTUNE" OBD-II interface and software to connect this to a laptop. The first step was to connect the program to the OBD-II port via this interface and extract a number of operating parameters for my specific car, which were e-mailed to Autotech. The actual tune was then customized for my vehicle and e-mailed to me. After loading the file on the ECMTUNE database, it was a simple process of connecting the laptop to the OBD-II port again, and update the ECM. This took no more than a few minutes ... and it made a backup of the standard ECM software as well, if for whatever reason one needed to restore it.

Zero downtime ...
I must say I agree. I'm not keen on taking out my ECU and mailing it.

Hilton tuning is another option.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Just checking in after a month of driving, it's still amazing to me. Car is such a blast to drive now.
- Yes, premium fuel is a must now but is recommended by Volvo from the factory.
- Unsure of the transmission question but from what I know of the iPd tunes, they are fairly conservative to maintain reliability. I have no concerns about reliability.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just curious if you have any other mods, intake or turbo inlet. I am about to start on some fun with my son (project car that is still a partial daily driver). Tune was going to be after snabb intake (and suspension upgrades, im about due 65k miles on '15 t6)

·
Registered
810 Posts
Just curious if you have any other mods, intake or turbo inlet. I am about to start on some fun with my son (project car that is still a partial daily driver). Tune was going to be after snabb intake (and suspension upgrades, im about due 65k miles on '15 t6)
If you are interested, I can do a complete breakdown for you on the T6 motor, and what mods to begin with as I have completely stripped mine down and rebuilt it. My XC60 is my project/race car, and I know the in and outs of the P3 platform.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts