SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Re: new IPD air filter for sale (kenschel)

I believe it is what's know as the J&R filter. Some of the guys in Europe might be helpful here.

·
Registered
10,051 Posts
Re: (23109VC)

Quote, originally posted by 23109VC »
anyone think that a car like mine, ECU/dp/exhaust would notice any power gain by putting that filter on vs. the stock one?

There have been a few topics about this.
Some people reported a CEL using aftermarket filters in combination with Evolve tuning.

·
Registered
331 Posts

anyone think that a car like mine, ECU/dp/exhaust would notice any power gain by putting that filter on vs. the stock one?

Sean d oyou have the DP in yet ? .... ... I just ordered a JR from UK....and code reader ... i was getting CEL's with the BMC and not when I put the stock back in.

I'll let you know the diagnosis

·
Registered
138 Posts

I have the same filter...bought from Parts for Volvos and was concerned about the CEL with the Evolve software...have had it in for almost 2 months maybe less and everything seems fine.

Also have the Evolve DP with Jetex exhaust...truthfully don't know of the power gains if any...but i would like to think I got a little...

·
Registered
8,754 Posts

i have the EVOLVE dp in. My intake air box/filter is stock.

Did you at least remove the sock?

Quote, originally posted by Johann »
what to do? Call a lawyer or ask for a free sticker??

I got you a sticker...but a lawyer is active in the thread ^

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Re: (atlterp)

Quote, originally posted by atlterp »
what is sock removed, I'm new sorry

Sock On-

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Re: new IPD air filter for sale (kenschel)

Any benifits from mounting this on a bone stock "R"??? Would there be any potential problems from using one??? That stock "sock" photo sure does look restricting

I take it this thing is reusable kinda like a K&N??? ... the IPD link says so. Is there a cleaning and oil kit specific for this or can I just use the old K&N stuff I already have lying around???

·
Banned
2,560 Posts
Re: new IPD air filter for sale (Johann)

Quote, originally posted by Johann »
Hmmmm.....

I think there's a copyright on that image.....

what to do? Call a lawyer or ask for a free sticker??

BUSTED!!!!

Hey Johann,
My sincerest apologies. I pulled that from you site and forwarded it to our catalog designer and told her I'd ask you for permission to use it if our order didn't arrive in time to shoot it ourselves and then promptly forgot.

Do you mind? We'll give you full photo credit ofcourse!!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.