SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
I hope it is free, included in total update.

Or it should be only a nominal fee like PA to PA2 upgrade for MY2016 cars.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Looks like it's only applicable to SPA cars with BLIS.
It look like that only applies to BLIS™ with Steer Assist and Cross Traffic Alert update. The other 3 don't appear to require BLIS.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not really useful for me. I wish they can improve the PA instead.
2nd or add more customization. Ie navigation map zoom in before turns (some of us have the 8inch panel). Also I wish they would make the 8 or 12 inch display screen and the ambient lighting dimmer to be on a separate switch or something. And allow Auto Highbeams to have memory like the rain sensing wipers.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I don't understand what's new. Everything they list there - didn't we have this already?
I wondered the same thing. I believe we’ve already had these already (depending on market perhaps). Wasn’t it with the XC60 intro that soon after the additional collision avoidance was added to XC90 via an update? I think the OP is interpreting the “Last Update: 11/20/2018” in the lower right hand corner of the page as meaning feature/update for IntelliSafe but that’s actually a reference to the webpage being last updated on 11/20/2018.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wondered the same thing. I believe we’ve already had these already (depending on market perhaps). Wasn’t it with the XC60 intro that soon after the additional collision avoidance was added to XC90 via an update? I think the OP is interpreting the “Last Update: 11/20/2018” in the lower right hand corner of the page as meaning feature/update for IntelliSafe but that’s actually a reference to the webpage being last updated on 11/20/2018.
My model year 2016 doesn't have any of those added safety features. They were added individually over time beginning with model year 2017.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Contact your local dealer. It'll likely be 1 hour labor for the software install plus the cost of the software that applies to your car.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
I don't understand what's new. Everything they list there - didn't we have this already?
I updated with the latest info from https://accessories.volvocars.com/e.../Document/VCC-514185/2016/T8 AWD (Twin Engine)

1. Part Number 32261830 (MY16-17)
Run-off Road Mitigation
Oncoming Lane Mitigation
Runoff Road Mitigation with Steer Assist +
Cross-Traffic Alert

2. Part Number 32261831 (MY16-18)
Oncoming Mitigation by Braking

My MY16 T8 has BLIS, et al. I, in fact, had three packages (1, 2 and 3) installed. However, as recently reported Part Number 32261829 (Run-off Road Mitigation) is now an obsolete part Number I believe and this feature is now bundled with 32261830.

I do not know what the cost would have been, but it was installed on my car as complimentary by the dealer. My dealer, service center and car are awesome.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Thanks, Gary.
I am totally confused by the plethora of acronyms. But my 2017 had something I would call Runoff mitigation with steer assist. I know because I felt it in action. Maybe I don't truly understand the difference or naming. Also, I do have CTA on my car. So again, I don't understand what's new. Or why I have those features. Perhaps they were installed by my dealer during some of the multi-month stays my car took at their facilities...
Frankly, it doesn't matter, my car is dead, so my point was.... just out of sheer curiosity.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Not really useful for me. I wish they can improve the PA instead.
My wife was driving a XC90 loaner that steered her out of the way of a car that was coming the other way and unexpectedly crossed the double yellow in front of her. While surprised she was thankful of the outcome.

I’m envious you share the road with other safe, considerate and fully attentive drivers and that you don’t have any other hazards for which you’d need additional driver/pilot assist features.

Perhaps I’m misguided in thinking so, but they seem to also be iterative enhancements that contribute to improving PA. I get that’s not what type of improvement you’re thinking of, as another enhancement I wish for is for PA to steer better (hoping PA3 becomes available for MY17). Yet as more reliance is placed on PA, the better the car can deal with or mitigate for unexpected events in the wild the better.

1 - 20 of 282 Posts