SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Im new here and i dont have a volvo but as title says I have some questions.

My neighbor has a 2001 s80 t6 and he has a blown haed gasket. he is buyin a new engine from a friend and he wants to sell me the other engine for 100 dollars without the turbos. I want to swap it in to a project car im working on and was wondering if the deal is worth it. Such as price, how hard is it to swap the head gasket on these? And Are there any other compatible MANUAL tranmissions that would work with this engine cause its going onto a RWD car.

Any info is appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It's pretty simple to change the head gasket, as long as you have the proper cam locking tool. You'll avoid most of the challanges when replacing the head gasket on a T6 simply becasue the engine is out of the car. Without knowing your target goals, or the type of car that you'll be putting the motor into, I can't tell you if it's worth it to you, but I'd jump all over the oppotunity to get a T6 for $100. There have been several projects where T6s were mated to a manual and transplanted into a rwd vehicle. You may want to search turbobricks.com and volvospeed.com for more swap related info

1 - 2 of 2 Posts