Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need suggestion on which halogen lamps work best

1. Sylvania ZXE
2. OSRAM Night Breaker Plus.
3. ???

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
They can, it really is hit and miss. I used to see them come back burnt out w/in 6 months all the time. I usually put it up to a customer that didn't know what they were doing (touching the bulb, throwing it around), but it was somewhat often.

I have some PIAA bulbs in my truck that have been there for well over a year now. Mind you I don't drive the thing that often, but none the less, I've been quite happy.

These: http://www.piaa.com/automotive-bulbs/super_plasma_gt-x.html

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it is quite frustrating that people don't use gloves when they handle these light bulbs.

I do a lot of night driving, so I'll use the bulbs a lot. My car has DRL, so the bulb is on all the time. I don't want to spend 70 bucks every year.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Do they last long?
I've had my Silver Stars for 2 years and 8 months (February 2010). I have the receipt, as I wanted to be sure these suckers were covered under warranty.

·
Registered
658 Posts
No, I haven't noticed any decrease in output level. I have my DRL active (hope to deactivate it eventually) and shut off my lights as much as possible during the day.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I've had my Silver Stars for 2 years and 8 months (February 2010). I have the receipt, as I wanted to be sure these suckers were covered under warranty.
And there's an example of some one knowing what they're doing.

·
Registered
658 Posts
It's only a 1 year warranty, but the receipt and packaging is in a drawer in my house. This post actually reminded me to go look.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I have used the PIAAs and Silverstars with very good results (4 years! with DRL's off). I am actually running one of each right now to compare. The Silverstars are actually a little brighter than the PIAAs but either is good.
Stan

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I wish I kept my receipts... I burn through silverstars within 6 months (especially my fogs) DRL's on. I love the output and might actually buy another pair because of the warranty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts