SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC40 T5 R-Design & 2021 Kia Forte GT 6MT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my XC40 R-design in Bursting Blue this week. I had been following CbV for a while and am happy to report now they seem to have this ironed out well. From picking the car to delivery took exactly 14 days.

My best friend's son is an engineer with Volvo and she is under a different plan where she gets a new car every year. Her current ride is a built-to-her-spec V60CC that is the reason I (as a long time Mercedes owner) made the switch.

Me and the XC are still getting to know each other, and we aren't necessarily in agreement on everything just yet. I like most things about it, though. I was told I got the last Bursting Blue 2021 XC40 available through CbV online ordering.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Congratulations! I got my bursting blue XC 40 exactly one year ago. Loving it. I hope you enjoy yours! It is beautiful.

Nora in Florida
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
congrats and best color ever! Been loving my BB RDesign since April 2019 👍

·
Registered
18 Posts
Picked up my XC40 R-design in Bursting Blue this week. I had been following CbV for a while and am happy to report now they seem to have this ironed out well. From picking the car to delivery took exactly 14 days.

My best friend's son is an engineer with Volvo and she is under a different plan where she gets a new car every year. Her current ride is a built-to-her-spec V60CC that is the reason I (as a long time Mercedes owner) made the switch.

Me and the XC are still getting to know each other, and we aren't necessarily in agreement on everything just yet. I like most things about it, though. I was told I got the last Bursting Blue 2021 XC40 available through CbV online ordering.

View attachment 127400
Congrats! Ours is Amazon Blue with a White top. Very rare and they don't bring them to the States anymore, boo! It's the one same one (Amazon Blue with white top) as provided in all the brochures in 2019. Love the color and you would not believe the thumbs up we still get.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
About 500 miles in now and I have customized everything to my liking. I like everything about it with one glaring exception - the transmission programming. It has to be the worst I’ve ever experienced across all brands. Doesn’t want to downshift, fine.. that’s most automatics today. But the way the upshifts are so slow is downright bizarre. I noticed this same behavior in my best friend’s V60CC but she drives like a grandma and I thought this was a learned adaptation. That might be a mistake on my part as a long-time Benz owner as those cars adapt shifting to how you drive over time - not sure if Volvo does the same.

The rest of the XC40 is so good this is not a dealbreaker, but it is close to one. Ideally by the time I’m ready to renew the subscription they will have a full EV available which would solve this.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
About 500 miles in now and I have customized everything to my liking. I like everything about it with one glaring exception - the transmission programming. It has to be the worst I’ve ever experienced across all brands. Doesn’t want to downshift, fine.. that’s most automatics today. But the way the upshifts are so slow is downright bizarre. I noticed this same behavior in my best friend’s V60CC but she drives like a grandma and I thought this was a learned adaptation. That might be a mistake on my part as a long-time Benz owner as those cars adapt shifting to how you drive over time - not sure if Volvo does the same.

The rest of the XC40 is so good this is not a dealbreaker, but it is close to one. Ideally by the time I’m ready to renew the subscription they will have a full EV available which would solve this.
Can you get a polestar tune on your particular model? I know when I did that on my XC40, it may the shifting much better.

Nora in Florida
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would assume getting the tune is an option, but I don’t see paying that for a car I never intend to own. I am hoping by the time this subscription is up for renewal in 2 years they’ve added some hybrid or electric options, which would solve this complaint.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I have finally had the opportunity to try out Pilot Assist.. and I must say.. W.T.F. Given that my Forte has lane centering that is always active (unless manually turned off) and it will actively steer and it does so very well, I was expecting amazing things from Pilot Assist. Instead it is far worse than the Kia at keeping the car steadily centered. The Volvo constantly fidgets, making very small adjustments, which gets annoying really fast. Ah well, at least radar cruise can be used without the steering stuff. I have looked but it does not seem to be a setting that can be tuned to driver preference.

I also have had to setup a return to the dealer because the thing has a shake at highway speeds in the chassis (not the steering wheel). It seems to be worse the first drive of the day, which would seem to suggest tire flat-spotting but that is not acceptable. I've checked pressures and adjusted them up and down to see if I could correct it since the dealer is an hour away, but no luck.

I'm starting to think that this might be a 4 month test drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts