SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought Id give the swedespeed community a shot. Any cool p3 builds? I know after market is weak for us. Any guys doing some custom stuff.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nice one man. Welcome. Performance ones others could probably speak to, but I have a 2013 and one MUST for me was to change to the 2014+ tail-lights with resistors. I actually change my whole rear to the 2015+ look. (I would also recommend Bor wheels) I can't really do much with performance since I have a 3.2.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I feel like wheels may be the first thing on the list lol. I really don't care for the ones the car came with. They are aftermarket but not my style. Tail light update eh you have any pics? Whats the differentiates between them. LED?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Check out the S80 DIY section, lots of mods in there, I'm planning on doing some updates as time goes on. Love the updated tail lights, R-Design steering wheel, 2013 shifter, IPD sway bars and the BOR wheels, those are the things I plan on doing. Steering will probably be first as mine feels a bit wimpy for the power the car has. Would like to lower it a bit but not willing to do that at the expense of the comfortable ride. Maybe someone will put out something that doesn't drop it too much and can maintain the ride without killing the shocks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good info. I will check that out. As far as factory wheels I'm really digging the odysseus. It would be cool to find a way to do an in dash tablet too. Although that center console is very nice and one piece with the climate control. Maybe practice some fiber glass on a junk yard console lol. Defiantly needs lowered on some better wheels first step first.

·
Registered
392 Posts
check wontstopsnowin threads for modifications. H has done many updates to newer model year components. Recommend IPD rear sway bar.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
check wontstopsnowin threads for modifications. H has done many updates to newer model year components. Recommend IPD rear sway bar.
Yes! That was my first mod, and it felt so much better driving. The car felt more planted to the ground around corners and steering felt tighter

·
Registered
563 Posts
Since we're talking mods here...

Does anyone have/know of a relatively quick/easy/cheap way to upgrade the HP in a 2010 AWD T6 from 281 to 300 or slightly above... to get close to the 311 of the V8 model? Add-ons or such?

I absolutely LOVE my T6, just thought I'd ask... since I read this thread.

Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I looked on IPD's site but didn't see a rear sway for our S80's did I miss it? Thanks, Ralph

·
Registered
563 Posts
The car felt more planted to the ground around corners and steering felt tighter.
This is exactly how my S80 feels (to me anyways) driving it... I wonder if I have a rear sway bar on there? We bought it used in March 2015 with 96k on it.

Does anyone have a pic of what it looks like on the car?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks. I'm a sucker for the white too. I saw a white s40 a few years back. That's what ultimately led to my interest in Volvo. Year later wife's rocking a v50.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thanks Glue! I know/knew what a sway bar was/is... just didn't know where to look on the car. I doubt I have the IPD blue (that everyone talks about), but my S80 takes corners like it's on rails! :thumbup:

Thanks again for sharing. I like the pics. Very helpful.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts