SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now have 2250 miles with the now not unusual gremlins, radio not shutting off if doors not locked and reinterring the driver's door; Sirrius stations not loading about 50% of the time; sun roof refusing to close from the pop-up position without opening and closing the shade completely. Today after driving for about 15 minutes and then shutting the engine off followed by restarting the engine, the center console went completely black with no function at all...no radio, phone, nav...nothing. After about 10 minutes it suddenly rebooted and came back to life. Anyone else with this problem?

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Yes blackout was reported before but usually comes back in a few minutes. 10 minutes is a little longer than other reports.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Now have 2250 miles with the now not unusual gremlins, radio not shutting off if doors not locked and reinterring the driver's door; Sirrius stations not loading about 50% of the time; sun roof refusing to close from the pop-up position without opening and closing the shade completely. Today after driving for about 15 minutes and then shutting the engine off followed by restarting the engine, the center console went completely black with no function at all...no radio, phone, nav...nothing. After about 10 minutes it suddenly rebooted and came back to life. Anyone else with this problem?
I experienced this twice in the 2 weeks that I had my car. Unfortunately it appears to be driving the engineers nuts too. I almost forgot what the inside of my car looks like.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have about 120 miles on my XC90. I've experienced the radio not shutting off and missing radio stations. I just got the vehicle back yesterday due to the issues described at http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ays-new-2016-all-new-xc90-starting-trouble-me!!! so I am going to wait to contact my dealer about these two problems.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
But the Gremlin ceased production in 1978!

But seriously, this sort of thing is beginning to look more like a*pattern than just some isolated events.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Could all these random problems caused by faulty fuse box? If power to all these systems were interrupted, it could explain some of these issues... not all...

Have anyone check their fuse box?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After the center screen rebooted, noticed all favorite stations were gone and had to be reloaded. Really starting to feel like a Beta tester. Making up a portfolio to take back to the dealer in November. So far they don't seem to know any more than we do.

·
Registered
295 Posts
But the Gremlin ceased production in 1978!

But seriously, this sort of thing is beginning to look more like a*pattern than just some isolated events.
Has to be for just a select few production models though. I've a First Edition and literally have not experienced a single one of these bizarre bugs being reported.

The very worst glitch I had was during navigation when the map was placing me in a completely different part of town, but was weirdly still tracking my movements. So my car location kept jumping all over the place on the map. But this happened only once a couple days after pick up and hasn't shown since.

I'm thanking my lucky stars I've had a pleasant ride so far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts