SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I replaced the MAF and the fuel pressure sensor to new ones today because I have felt a swaying turbo pressure during acceleration in the last week.
Im happy because I felt a different,better respons and smoother ride!
How can that be that I feel some different!??:confused:
I know that the fuel pressure take some beating when the engine is tuned!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
because one of the sensors was reading incorrect?

can you explain this though?
"I know that the fuel pressure take some beating when the engine is tuned! "

huh??

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
because one of the sensors was reading incorrect?

can you explain this though?
"I know that the fuel pressure take some beating when the engine is tuned! "

huh??
Ok here we go!
!I have replaced many off these pressure sensors in R:s and other Volvos who has the same sensor because they are tuned and because the stock sensor dosent hold the life span when the cars is tuned,thats the fact!
EX.my last S60r -04 MTE tuned, had a swaying turbo pressure during acc. and no faultcodes,I replaced the Maf,Vvt valve,Lamdasensors,gasfilter,plugs, check the fuelpressure nearly everything but still the same fault.So after about 3 month I get the f....ing checkengine lamp to glow after all,the code said that the Pressure sensor was given wrong pressure to the injectors!
So I have learn now that the Pressure valve and also the Maf is kind off tricky becacuse You dont get any faultcodes generally!!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
can you guys explain your "swaying" turbo pressure? I swear im a hypochondriac with this car. Everything I read on here, immediately is wrong with my car.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can you guys explain your "swaying" turbo pressure? I swear im a hypochondriac with this car. Everything I read on here, immediately is wrong with my car.

It means that the turbo pressure is very uneven in acceleration because the engine is getting too little gasoline!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts