SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i need new struts on my AWD 2004 s60R, but i cant tell if i need the C2501 or c2502. Is there a real difference between the 2 models? rockauto has them for $640 shipped for both models, but i found the C2502's on amazon for $590 shipped. Can either one go on my R?

Thanks!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
There shouldn't be any difference and you can't buy an R strut for $60 ANYWHERE, so that's not correct
Try www.tascaparts.com

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
What? $60? What are you on about?
probably forgot his reading glasses, I know my grandfather does the same thing :D

I don't think there is really any major difference between C2502 and C2501 as people have used both for the front with no problems from what I have read multiple times on this forum regarding these shocks. I think the difference in # is between the VR and the SR but shouldn't cause any problems.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
The fronts shouldn't matter what number you use, IIRC thought only the rears are different from SR to VR.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Use C2501 and C1501 (as per search on Monroe site)

·
Registered
876 Posts
The fronts shouldn't matter what number you use, IIRC thought only the rears are different from SR to VR.
R and VR use the same struts.

·
Registered
384 Posts
probably forgot his reading glasses, I know my grandfather does the same thing :D

I don't think there is really any major difference between C2502 and C2501 as people have used both for the front with no problems from what I have read multiple times on this forum regarding these shocks. I think the difference in # is between the VR and the SR but shouldn't cause any problems.
AFAIK, the difference is an ABS line clip that some have said can be replaced with a ziptie on the 2502s. I have the 2501s sitting and waiting to be installed this weekend.

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ended up ordering the C2501's from rock auto. Thanks for the help and laughs! I know im still a newbie with this car, but any advice which spring seats and mounts should i get?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ended up ordering the C2501's from rock auto. Thanks for the help and laughs! I know im still a newbie with this car, but any advice which spring seats and mounts should i get?
The search button (or google searching this forum) is your friend. This has been covered a million times. As far as spring seats, you want XC90 or iPd HD ones. They're basically identical.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts