SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Re: new front grill found for the R (R_Rated)

Quote, originally posted by R_Rated »
http://www.stillen.com/product...=2005

What!!? Stillen offering stuff for Volvos? I'm an old Nissan guy (Maxima) and Stillen is arguably the premier US based Nissan aftermarket outfit (expensive too) after Nismo, of course

I would never look there for "R" stuff. Good find http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually trying to find a tt crate motor for a 300zx project. i didn't know they did ANYTHING other than nissan but when I scrolled the cars I wanted to see if they actually had anything for volvo.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I used to use Stillen for Chevy truck accessories,when I worked at a Customizing shop. I dont think I wwould puirchase from them for my R. There stuff is a little cheap looking in my opinion. Id rather have the Evolve inserts,which seem to be more heavy duty. I really wish Hecio made a grille for the R.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Re: (MASH)

At a glance, it looks like it could almost be a cheap DIY mod if you can find the wire mesh in a sheet.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts

Actually, the grilles are made by a company called "Street Scene Equipment", which makes grilles for all manner of cars.

Ummm.. has anybody noticed that the mesh pattern is identical to the "unique, patented diamond-shaped hole pattern" that Evolve says will "set your Volvo apart from the competition" ??/

Evolve care to comment? Unique? Patented? Hello?

·
Registered
45 Posts

Street Scene grille is exactly the same as the evolve grille. I just got a small piece of the street scene grille and custom cut it to fit the foglight area to match it with my evolve stock valance grille.

I was at first planning to get the evolve grille but they charged too much.

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
Re: new front grill found for the R (ForceReconTrojan)

Street Scene does have a few design patents on custom grille designs. Search the US PTO for yourself.

-Eric

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Re: new front grill found for the R (Sue Esponte)

Quote, originally posted by Sue Esponte »
Street Scene does have a few design patents on custom grille designs. Search the US PTO for yourself.

-Eric

My point was that the Evolve copy makes it sound like *they* have patented the design themselves and are thus offering a pattern that will be *exclusive* to their Volvo products, thus 'setting them apart'.

I could just resell mesh I bought at Home Depot. I'm sure somebody's patented it, but I didn't and if I sold you some you'd probably be pissed when you went to clean your stovetop vent and found it.

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
Re: new front grill found for the R (partridge)

Quote, originally posted by partridge »
...I sold you some you'd probably be pissed when you went to clean your stovetop vent and found it.

LOL I think my stovetop vent actually has a Volvo patented design. It might even have an R grille if I think about it really hard.

Anyway, I was actually responding to FRT. It sounded like he doubted that they even had a patent on it. Not that I disagree with anyone's surprise, just trying to be informative.

-Eric

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts