SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got finished installing new forum headers for the 40 Series, 70 Series New, 70 Series Old, C70, 60-series and 80-series Forums.

Here in the office, we like the look of the cars isolated on a white background. Trouble is, that's not overly easy to find on some of the older cars, but we'll update as we go. Let me know if you guys find a good source for cars like that (isolated on white background) for use in other forums.

·
Registered
408 Posts

There's not much activity in the 700 series but you can use this picture I made using picture of my car.

quote:

Originally posted by [email protected]:
Here in the office, we like the look of the cars isolated on a white background. Trouble is, that's not overly easy to find on some of the older cars, but we'll update as we go. Let me know if you guys find a good source for cars like that (isolated on white background) for use in other forums.
The picture is small enough you can use pictures of cars in real life settings and fake it and you won't be able to tell much.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I was actually trying to do one of those for the 200 series forum a while back (not fair that VWvortex had them and we didn't!), but I never got around to finishing, or even bringing up the topic. Here's what I got so far. At least the picture should be usable, and after all, it is the perfect 240.

PS: email me if you want the picture. I couldn't access my usual pic host site, and I don't think the .txt extension will allow this image to be saved properly.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by towerymt:
I was actually trying to do one of those for the 200 series forum a while back (not fair that VWvortex had them and we didn't!), but I never got around to finishing, or even bringing up the topic. Here's what I got so far. At least the picture should be usable, and after all, it is the perfect 240.

Okay..that's exactly what I want for my car~!! Except I want it in blue. Well, okay..no rear spoiler either....and maybe no black trim on the body. I'd take them out and fill up the holes.

·
Registered
408 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:
Okay..that's exactly what I want for my car~!! Except I want it in blue. Well, okay..no rear spoiler either....and maybe no black trim on the body. I'd take them out and fill up the holes.
With that many changes I don't think you can use the word "exactly."

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by towerymt:
Take your pick:

AWwwwghh....I think I just wet myself. Someone grab me a box of tissue paper...

Yup, this is the one~!!! Same bodykit that I wanted. Color is a bit off, but I think that's the closest to what I want.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We added Vintage, 200-series and Car Lounge headers. I'm trying to keep with using images that are studio shots as, even though they are smaller, they look better. I had a P1800 that I isolated (not from the studio shot) and it ended up not looking that great. I want to try to keep with that. Regarding the 250 above, I don't know who has copyright to that photo, so if I can, I want to stick with either Swedespeed's own photos or official Volvo photos, which is what all of our headers except for Car Lounge are using.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I may use the 745 pic. Thanks. I found a pic of that recliner from the S80 commercial on TV. I may use that depending on how well it scans in. It's from a Volvo owner's mag, and they already said I can use material from that.

George

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A few more have been added, namely: Motorsport, General Volvo, Wheels & Tires, Audio, Suggestions, Events & Get Togethers, Detailing, & Testing. I'm going to see if I can clean up that 745 photo. It's look pretty cool.

[This message has been edited by [email protected] (edited 12-19-2001).]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts