SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after spending a good year with my V50 T5 AWD, i decided to go and add another vehicle and ofcourse why not another Volvo so an XC90 has been catching my attention on the roads so I decided to go with one. Zeroed in the V8 due to their reputation for bulletproof powertrains.
Picking it up on Saturday and I cant wait.

Here are a few pictures of both of them at the dealer.

Will post more pictures later on when i take delivery of it.

·
Registered
538 Posts
The XC90's are very nicely appointed and very nice to drive - I have road tested a few of late - its interesting to note the similar (Volvo) feel even between the V50/S40 and the XC90. Of note, I was looking hard at the XC90 as an addition to my current stable of Volvo's, but most of my research into mid-2000's models suggested a) staying away from the T6 model as they tend to go through transmissions on a fairly regular basis and b) try to avoid the V8 version ONLY because they are quite thirsty engine, especially for stop and go traffic. I ended up finding a low miles, one owner, all-service-records, XC70 Cross Country that is a treat to drive, devours hills and so far delivers 8.2L/100KM on the highway and about 10L/100KM in stop and go traffic. If you have not already done so, I might suggest popping onto the XC90 forum and reviewing the posts there to see what other issues other owners might raise. Best of luck!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Your missing the most critical issue of the early years v8's- failure of the counter balance bearing on the drivers side. It's a 5k issue of/when it fails and you catch it in time before it destroys the bearing journals in the block. My engine hasn't been washed/detailed since my was replaced. I recommend you do the same.

You don't say what year it is our mileage.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a 2008 with 120k miles one owner serviced at same dealer where I bought it since it was new. I think it's a safe car to go with since all service records and maintenance are available. I'll get them when I pick it up tomorrow. Can post if someone is interested. The CB bearing issue seemed to have gone away with 2007MY.

Please share more info if you have any.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mine has110k, just did the following ; front shocks/top mounts were toast - $300. Rears are Nivomat on the 7 seaters and $700 a side from a dealer, LCR's, FPS I'm not sure when they started putting the drain holes in the blocks. Just did put first long distance trip (3k MLS in 5 days) with 5 people and a loaded car top. Drove great all day long @ 85. average gpm was 19.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts