SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this last year to replace the original bumper cover, that had a couple very small dimples in it. I got the notion that at some point that the factory would stop offering prepainted covers, so I replaced front and back.
I bought the factory cover through a reseller, who had received the bumper from Sweden, unpacked it to make sure it was okay, then repacked it for the trip across the US.
In doing so, they put a couple staples too deep into the box, which resulted in a couple light scratches, one on each end. Otherwise, it's perfect.
I was compensated for the damage. I bought another new one to use, and put this aside. Tried to sell it last year, but no takers. I left outside (under a tarp) this winter, but moisture got the best of the box, and it's toast. The bumper is wrapped in foam however, and is fine.

This is pickup only. These things are ridiculous to box up and stupid expensive to ship.
I'd hate to just junk it. But the Facilities Manager says it's gotta go :rolleyes: :D
I think this will fit the 04-07 V70R, but it is the later silver (477 Electric Silver)

Located 40 miles south of Seattle. I can deliver within a reasonable distance.
Make me an offer. You might be surprised :)

·
Registered
16,819 Posts
It’s ridiculously insane that you’ve had this for sale twice now and nobody took you up on it. Too bad the box is gone. Post on let go or CL or the Volvo Facebook? If you could get it to east cost, I’d store it and save for anything future. The 04 is only visually different I think. Don’t trash! Put it inside a boat to store so she doesn’t see it? Inside the 911? Inside on the back seat of the comfy Chevy avalanche?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I sooooooo wish you were located in the mid Atlantic region!

I have a progressive crack in mine. Bumper, that is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts