SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am amazed that my brand new T6 MY22 got outdated just one month after I purchased it. This is unacceptable strategy from Volvo, the improvement in the electric motor is really remarkable, increasing power and autonomy.

In the website the specs are already updated.

How Volvo can treat customer like this? I am really disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
877 Posts
Your T6 is not a plug in hybrid, so this isn’t relevant to you.

Article is poorly written, anyway. I wouldn’t but any stock in it.

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
Right. Although T6 Recharge is mentioned in it, T6 Recharge is European only. Never comes to USA.
We only get T8 Recharge, and B5/B6.

Reactions: northcar

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry that I did not mention my unit is an European T6 recharge. Therefore yes, unfortunately few weeks after it’s been launched has been upgraded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
I hear you. Sometimes something sucks. T6 Recharge is still very sweet in its current spec though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry that I did not mention my unit is an European T6 recharge. Therefore yes, unfortunately few weeks after it’s been launched has been upgraded.

Hey, 1st post ever !
I have an order placed end of July with delivery estimated early Jan. The dealer can't say if I'll have the new battery!!!!

Can I say it is worse than your case if I end up with the current battery?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, 1st post ever !
I have an order placed end of July with delivery estimated early Jan. The dealer can't say if I'll have the new battery!!!!

Can I say it is worse than your case if I end up with the current battery?
I bet yours will have new battery, as website is already updated with new specs. Anyways u can always cancel your order and take the new one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bet yours will have new battery, as website is already updated with new specs. Anyways u can always cancel your order and take the new one.

Unfortunately I can't cancel because it is via the leasing company that my employer uses. It was ordered in July and they don't accept to change.

I crossed fingers, dealer said next week they will have the updated production plans and will be able to say if I am in or out...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Unfortunately I can't cancel because it is via the leasing company that my employer uses. It was ordered in July and they don't accept to change.

I crossed fingers, dealer said next week they will have the updated production plans and will be able to say if I am in or out...
I guess the bright side is that since it is a leased vehicle even if the new battery is not in it the commitment is of a shorter term and it would probably be easier to renegotiate a lease than to have to sell and repurchase to get what you want.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Stuff has to get upgraded at some point. Volvo doesn't wait until all customers have had their car a certain amount of time, stopping sales for a period of time, and then rolling out an upgrade. There will always be folks who purchase moments before an update.

·
Registered
2021 XC60 T8
86 Posts
Get used to it...technology is changing quicker than stuff wears out. Now if you're complaining the dealer should have alerted you to the upcoming upgrades...

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Get used to it...technology is changing quicker than stuff wears out. Now if you're complaining the dealer should have alerted you to the upcoming upgrades...
That's a bit of a two sided sword. We get stuck with stuff too. Volvo pushed a 2019 V90CC on us at the end of the model year and then launched the 2020 models that had a lower price even with all rebates considered. We are the ones that will have some in stock units whet his change happens and have to try and get someone to buy the old versions, likely by giving up money. These change can cost dealers thousands of dollars too. Dealers need to move what's on the ground, not get pumped up for what's coming in the future. I always try to be honest about any future info I know if a customer asks, but I'd be out of a job if I told every prospect why they should wait until next year.... as next year is nearly always better (unless you want cargo covers). It's not uncommon for mid year changes either.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Unless sales has a different information source than I have access to, we were just told of this 9/8 in the US.

·
Registered
2021 XC60 T8
86 Posts
My point is this happens everywhere. What do you want, static technology or constant innovation? Or is your complaint the lack of transparency?

·
Registered
2022 XC60 B6 Inscription
87 Posts
Sorry that I did not mention my unit is an European T6 recharge.
You can update your profile with your country, and then we'll know by the national flag by your name where you are. That helps a lot with international user forums.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
You can update your profile with your country, and then we'll know by the national flag by your name where you are. That helps a lot with international user forums.
The IP address assigns a flag
But that can be turned off in the profile

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My point is this happens everywhere. What do you want, static technology or constant innovation? Or is your complaint the lack of transparency?
Lack of transparency but also I find it odd to upgrade a model that is few weeks in the market. I like continuous innovation, but that’s like applying agile development practices to car manufacturing.

·
Registered
2022 XC60 B6 Inscription
87 Posts
I like continuous innovation, but that’s like applying agile development practices to car manufacturing.
You can bet your bottom dollar that Volvo and their partners/suppliers are using Agile practices. I agree, it is tough on a customer to have a significant (in my view) upgrade come into production just weeks after the new model year is released. I would assume that they meant it to coincide with the model year, and missed it. Regardless, I think the industry has moved to more mid-year or real-time updates as general practice. I believe Tesla has always lived that way, putting manufacturing and software updates into production in real time, regardless of model year life cycle. Companies just need all production changes tracked, so when you supply your VIN to a parts supplier or service department, you get proper replacement parts for your individual car.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts