SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 V60 Cross Country
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my Elevate rear Sway Bar on my 11' v50 and am thrilled with the improvement, but was surprised to not find links or at least grommets in the kit (not complaining mind you). Oddly, the OEMs are starting to crack already.
The problem is that I cannot seem to find anyone selling the links with poly rather than rubber for anything but the vertical mount. I have the horizontal with the strait link.

Can anyone point me to a source?

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I just installed my Elevate rear Sway Bar on my 11' v50 and am thrilled with the improvement, but was surprised to not find links or at least grommets in the kit (not complaining mind you). Oddly, the OEMs are starting to crack already.
The problem is that I cannot seem to find anyone selling the links with poly rather than rubber for anything but the vertical mount. I have the horizontal with the strait link.

ipd should have them. email them asking for the poly endlinks that come with their sway bar. just say you got one of their sway bars used and it didn't come with any hardware.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Vendor abuse.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Uh, the op said it was an Elevate sway bar.

But the same argument applies. If it should have come with links, call and complain...

If it wasn't supposed to come w/ links, and you can replace the rubber link bushings out of your stocker, many auto parts places sell universal sway bar link kits with urethane bushings. Use the bushings out of those! Ck the I.D. and O.D. First tho

·
Registered
6,415 Posts

Sway bars are sway bars, and end-links are end-links . . . ;)

More seriously, what grommets are you talking about?

·
Registered
658 Posts
The sway bar should come with bushings and the two support brackets which will replace your stock brackets and bushings. Otherwise, there's nothing else included, except for some grease.

Personally, I would have hoped some sort of spacer would have been included since the sway bars have varied in bolt size.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Hey, thanks for the link. Literally!

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Vendor abuse.
how is that vendor abuse? i had that setup and i paid around $40 for their endlinks.

Uh, the op said it was an Elevate sway bar.

But the same argument applies. If it should have come with links, call and complain...

If it wasn't supposed to come w/ links, and you can replace the rubber link bushings out of your stocker, many auto parts places sell universal sway bar link kits with urethane bushings. Use the bushings out of those! Ck the I.D. and O.D. First tho
elevate rear sways don't come with endlinks like the ipd one does.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts