SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
38k on my clock after 13 months and got the regional Volvo manager to look at the wear on my drivers seat today. He said they would take care of me since I'm a good loyal customer. (this is number 12-13 in the lineup of four currents )
New leather and leather care kit coming my way.

Thanks to Volvo and Dyer and Dyer for taking care of me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Good deal. Volvo did the same for me on my Beechwood interior about 8 months ago. Zero sign of wear since then on that area!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Any chance you have pictures of the before? I have a similar issue starting on my 12 s60. 15K on the clock and the leather seam is starting to show signs of splitting. Also have the threads on the steering wheel starting to come apart. This ones bugging me more that the bolster.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know I've seen several members here with new leather and I was thinking it happened to the "blue" stuff more often. He looked and felt the seats all over and started telling me about how they are now so soft and like gloves as opposed to the. old 98 S70 my wife has driven since late 97 and has 167k. I was preparing to hear the song about how normal wear and tear......when he said "we're gonna take care of it but when you get the leather care kit, make sure you keep it cleaned and then conditioned every 3-4 months" I reached in the seat pocket on the drivers seat rear and pulled out my Maguiars conditioner spray bttle I use religiously and he saaid he would throw a leather care kit in the car after the replacemetns are done. Top notch guy in my book. If I had not been a regular with Volvo for the last 27 yrs or so, I don't know that it wouldve played out the same way.

Once they get the goods in I'll drop it off for the rework.

Note to self, always swing the loyal Volvo bat when appropriate! While I was there, I perused the lot for a new XC70 AWD T6 to replace the wifes 98S70T5M. She didnt care for the V70 when I first bought one around five year ago but she warmed to it when I got the 07 a couple/three years ago. Now that the V is gone, she misses the old gal!

Now the dilemma, she never wants to part with the 98 but we are only two people with three cars and a truck already..... decisions decisions!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Similar but slightly different issue with my 1 month old T5. The drivers seat leather was shedding color around the semi-circular arch between your legs. Dealer replaced the entire seat skin under warranty. Leather color is beige/black, sorry I don't have any pictures before and after.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
I had leather issues on my 2010 XC60 T6. The leather on the center triangle bolster between my legs was flaking/peeling.

·
Registered
712 Posts
38k on my clock after 13 months and got the regional Volvo manager to look at the wear on my drivers seat today. He said they would take care of me since I'm a good loyal customer. (this is number 12-13 in the lineup of four currents )
New leather and leather care kit coming my way.

Thanks to Volvo and Dyer and Dyer for taking care of me.
Glad to hear.

The Atlanta area Volvo Rep is pretty customer oriented, from what I know.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Great to hear others are having similar experiences as mine. Volvo is sure standing by their product.

I think my new car motto is "Volvo: For Life"...I've been treated so well that I will be sticking with Volvo from now on!!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Any chance you have pictures of the before? I have a similar issue starting on my 12 s60. 15K on the clock and the leather seam is starting to show signs of splitting. Also have the threads on the steering wheel starting to come apart. This ones bugging me more that the bolster.
yea i`m interested too so i know what to look for just incase my 12 s60 does it

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Similar but slightly different issue with my 1 month old T5. The drivers seat leather was shedding color around the semi-circular arch between your legs. Dealer replaced the entire seat skin under warranty. Leather color is beige/black, sorry I don't have any pictures before and after.
Leather is beige/black? I'm not clear what you mean. It sounds like we have the same car, you know, except for the T+1 on mine!
Saville with Black interior. Not sure what is beige on yours. What part is fading> the beige or the black? The area of which you speak is showing "crackling, not to be confused with cracking" as in normal wear and tear to my view, but no shedding or fading.

I will take some before and afters aling with the work order results and share them soon.

Get yours evaluated ASAP since the longer you wait the harder it will be to push them to fix it most likely. In my case, I am very fortunate I think.
Good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Leather is beige/black? I'm not clear what you mean. It sounds like we have the same car, you know, except for the T+1 on mine!
Saville with Black interior. Not sure what is beige on yours. What part is fading> the beige or the black? The area of which you speak is showing "crackling, not to be confused with cracking" as in normal wear and tear to my view, but no shedding or fading.

I will take some before and afters aling with the work order results and share them soon.

Get yours evaluated ASAP since the longer you wait the harder it will be to push them to fix it most likely. In my case, I am very fortunate I think.
Good luck.
My interior is beige (seats), while remainder of the interior, including carpets is black.

Beige area on drivers seat is actually peeling. The color is separating from the leather, the leather is not cracked, just the tanning. Has gotten worse by the day. Location of the wear is at the semi-circular seam in the front of the drivers seat section, between your legs (while seated).

The dealer stepped up and replaced the entire seat skin, no questions asked!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts