SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when turning left, on full lock, or very close to it, i get a metal creaking noise,(sometimes some knocking noise) dont get the noise turning the other direction.<p>its not the inner plastic wheel arch scrumming, i know wot that sounds like.<p>when parked, turn the steering wheel onto full lock, u dont near any creaking, just when your moving slowly i hear it<p>any one with any ideas??<p>i thought maybe, steering rack, but doesn;t do it when stopped, so no.<p>maybe shock or drive shafts, cv joint etc??<p>S60r 04 55,000miles<p>thanks<br>

·
Registered
440 Posts
Re: new creaking problem! (daves60r)

Perhaps the steering stops need to be re-lubed? When stopped you get the vertical movement of the stops when rolling over bumps?

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Re: (R_Rated)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>R_Rated</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had similar to what you described. It was my strut. Maybe the same thing.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I was going to post a thread at the end of the weekend, but they got the rest of my creaking noise out.<p>It was as R_rated describe, the Strut. Mine was a poor install job when the dealer did the springs. They cracked the top of the bolt and rotated the complete shaft until it burned up the top of the seal bushing. It leaked fluid out of the strut until it eventually collapsed onto the 4C valve inside.<p>Lack of fluid and no control over strut settings cause it to clank in the turns in the earlier stages... the noise then progressed over speed bumps... then progressed on FWY driving.<p>It can also be a bushing at the top of the mount.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts