SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From one of the Scandanavian sites (ironically, not Sweden). Seems European countries update their sites individually, vs. as a region?

Silver Dawn as introduced on XC60. Bright Dusk appears to be the latest incarnation of beige. However Volvo's configuration sites really don't render very good images, need to see live photos.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Other five colors retain Thunder, Onyx, Denim, Platinum & Crystal.

· Registered
9,074 Posts
I thought you said new colors, not shades of beige.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

· Registered
479 Posts
Bright Dusk is new for 2023. It’s a dead ringer for the outgoing birch light color, if not a bit more champagne-ish (luminous sand). Also new for the rest of SPA (XC60 got for ‘22) will be Silver Dawn. Lastly Platinum Grey will roll out to the rest of the SPA range as well

Reactions: FDL5231

· Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bright Dusk is new for 2023. It’s a dead ringer for the outgoing birch light color, if not a bit more champagne-ish (luminous sand). Also new for the rest of SPA (XC60 got for ‘22) will be Silver Dawn. Lastly Platinum Grey will roll out to the rest of the SPA range as well
Yeah I thought Bright Dusk was some kind of triangulation between Birch, Sand, and maybe Pebble. I'm already thinking Silver Dawn for planned MY24, saw it locally on XC60 and really liked it. Any chance of Blond City Weave? I just bought the wife a new kitchen in exchange for full creative liberty with the next car.

Also - sent you a message with a totally random question, brace yourself.

· Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ugh, I really hope the new SPA2 brings proper colors back, and not this sea of mediocrity and blandness.
They should start with Ruby Red, unless Ford got custody of it.

· Registered
860 Posts
Ugh, I really hope the new SPA2 brings proper colors back, and not this sea of mediocrity and blandness.
My fair lady will be ordering a new Volvo in a few weeks for factory delivery next summer. She knows the exact model, options, and packages she wants. The only challenge is picking the least objectionable color from the bland pallet that is currently available.

She loves the Maple Brown metallic and Amber combo of my ‘18 V90, but doesn’t see anything she actually likes in the catalog at this point.

Bland, or blander?

· Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had been struggling with the same, looking ahead to ordering CY23/MY24. Wife wants white, I don't. I do prefer a lighter color, but a shade of beige won't do for either of us and Bright Silver just seemed cold. I really do like Silver Dawn, kind of a warmer silver w/out going beige.

Here it is "live" on XC60, hope to see it soon on XC90.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire

· Registered
2,735 Posts
I had been struggling with the same, looking ahead to ordering CY23/MY24. Wife wants white, I don't. I do prefer a lighter color, but a shade of beige won't do for either of us and Bright Silver just seemed cold. I really do like Silver Dawn, kind of a warmer silver w/out going beige.

Here it is "live" on XC60, hope to see it soon on XC90.

View attachment 142794

View attachment 142793
Reminds me of the old Cosmic White! Cool color if it's a variation of Cosmic #481. Looked excellent on 1st gen XC60 and C30s.

· Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reminds me of the old Cosmic White! Cool color if it's a variation of Cosmic #481. Looked excellent on 1st gen XC60 and C30s.
I recall seeing Glacier Silver on an XC40, liked that color as well. Kind of a hybrid between plain white and cold silver.

I would like to see a shade of 'crown jewel red' (e.g. Ruby Red) eventually return across the lineup.

· Registered
9,074 Posts
Ruby red is an actual color. You'll never see that happen, we love in the new malaise era of automotive design.

· Registered
9,074 Posts
Exactly. Put a new SPA2 90 in Tropic Green

· Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ruby red is an actual color. You'll never see that happen, we love in the new malaise era of automotive design.
Hmmm...names sound like shades of greige. Greige is fine for interior walls but car colors should be more definitive.
I've got Ruby Red on my MY04 XC90, still loving the color every day. But I've long worried that Ford kept custody rights when the rest of Volvo was given up for adoption.

Perhaps colors on the SPA2 cars will be more... electric...?

· Registered
9,074 Posts
Yes they did, that's why rebel blue had to go away.

· Registered
629 Posts
I've got Ruby Red on my MY04 XC90, still loving the color every day. But I've long worried that Ford kept custody rights when the rest of Volvo was given up for adoption.

Perhaps colors on the SPA2 cars will be more... electric...?
I sure hope so. Even Glacier Silver has some visual pop. I don't know where Volvo is going with some of these dull colors. Thunder Grey is another that does nothing for me.

· Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I sure hope so. Even Glacier Silver has some visual pop. I don't know where Volvo is going with some of these dull colors. Thunder Grey is another that does nothing for me.
Re: my initial post, Thunder Grey was the only color without an upcharge. I think Crystal White remained slightly higher than the others.

· Registered
629 Posts
Re: my initial post, Thunder Grey was the only color without an upcharge. I think Crystal White remained slightly higher than the others.
The usually minor upcharge
The important point is the color range shifting to dull and flat.

· Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The usually minor upcharge

The important point is the color range shifting to dull and flat.
I thought it interesting (at least on that market's site) that neither refrigerator white nor a flat black were there.

Thunder was the only "standard" color, although I think it works better on R-Design/Dark theme.

· Registered
9,074 Posts
You generally see an upcharge if the paint is metallic

1 - 20 of 39 Posts