SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious about those who have installed aftermarket coils (i.e. blue from IPD). where and how do you go about cutting through the armored cable; at the base of the coil, the base of the ign. switch or anywhere in the middle?? i was also looking at the diode kit, but i figure you have to cut the old coil out anyway. just looking for some feed back, thanks guys (and gals)

-enormt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: new coil instalation (Phil Singher)

right, i think i will cut it anyway. however how do you then remove the old coil if it is attached without cutting the wire inside the cable? i am sure i am making this harder than it should be.

-thanks for your patients

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: new coil instalation (VolvoBob)

this worked amazingly well. however if anyone has any feedback on what aftermarket switch they used (and are happy with it) let me know. i got a $10 one from Pepboys and the Accessory position works fine, but when i go to turn it on i first put it in the Run position and my starter jumps, then I crank it and it catches and run fine. That is not all that bad but its when i go to turn it off, in between the run and off position the starter bumps again and makes that awful grinding noise (we all know what it sounds like). maybe my wiring job is at fault. however the switch itself seems funky, but hey, it was only $10.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.