SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I took delivery yesterday of a beautiful S60CC. Perfect condition, 24k miles, and a big upgrade from my 2010 S40 RD! :) I haven't been able to drive it yet because the state that I purchased it in (MA) doesn't offer temp plates, and my town hall where I can get them is closed Tuesdays. I had to leave it in the driveway tonight to head to work... It was so sad, lol. I can't wait to tool around in the windy NH back roads.

I was wondering about the Volvo On Call feature. I've read that you can start the car from the VOC app - which I am super hopeful is accurate! I read that if you are not the original purchaser of the vehicle you have to request a pin through a dealership. Is there any way around this? I've read on the forums about VDASH - would I be able to request a pin through that program? I also don't believe that the holding down of the lock/unlock button to open the windows is working.

Does anyone else here have a CC S40? Thoughts? Tips? Tricks?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
When I picked up a used V60CC, the dealer generated a new pin for me, and had me log into VOC app. Everything worked and he showed me how to use the app. After that, you need to pay for the subscription.

I bought it from a Volvo Dealership through. Also, I believe the pin gets setup through VIDA.

The holding down the buttons for window trick only worked on my S40. I haven't seen it work on newer XC60, V60, or S60, but I could be doing it wrong.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If he bought it in MA there's a chance he got it from Herb Chambers who is the most useless Volvo dealer in existence.

All HCV will do for you is take your money and send you out the door.

Bought a Volvo CPO there, careful they will try to tell you that it is CPO but it is Herb Chambers CPO not Volvo.They will eventually give you the Volvo CPO after much distress but won't even perform the Volvo CPO inspection. When I brought the car in a week later to get the cargo cover it was missing, I was told it needed front and rear brakes. I was also told that the inspection checklist and all documentation would come from Volvo. I called Volvo and was told the dealer had the documentation. When I received the checklist, the clutch was marked as Volvo STD, the car doesn't have a clutch. As was a a lot of items that the car does not have. All they did was go down the list and check everything as Volvo Std.The date of the inspection was also AFTER I took delivery of the car and the mileage was not even correct. Sad that Volvo allows this from their dealers.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
If he bought it in MA there's a chance he got it from Herb Chambers who is the most useless Volvo dealer in existence.

Bought a Volvo CPO there, careful they will try to tell you that it is CPO but it is Herb Chambers CPO not Volvo.They will eventually give you the Volvo CPO after much distress but won't even perform the Volvo CPO inspection. When I brought the car in a week later to get the cargo cover it was missing, I was told it needed front and rear brakes. I was also told that the inspection checklist and all documentation would come from Volvo. I called Volvo and was told the dealer had the documentation. When I received the checklist, the clutch was marked as Volvo STD, the car doesn't have a clutch. As was a a lot of items that the car does not have. All they did was go down the list and check everything as Volvo Std.The date of the inspection was also AFTER I took delivery of the car and the mileage was not even correct. Sad that Volvo allows this from their dealers.
True! Sadly I had the same experience. HB tried to sell it as Certified, but was cleaver with the wording and it's only Certified by them, which doesn't hold much weight.

I know it's ultimately the buyer to do their homework, but it's deceptive and they presented it in a way to appear like an OEM certified car. You wouldn't expect this from the type of dealership they are, in my opinion.

Maybe they have changed their marketing schemes in the years since I had that experience though.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
When I picked up a used V60CC, the dealer generated a new pin for me, and had me log into VOC app. Everything worked and he showed me how to use the app. After that, you need to pay for the subscription.

I bought it from a Volvo Dealership through. Also, I believe the pin gets setup through VIDA.

The holding down the buttons for window trick only worked on my S40. I haven't seen it work on newer XC60, V60, or S60, but I could be doing it wrong.
Doesn’t work on P3 platform (certainly S/V60s) but a lot of other cool stuff does with VoC: calendar syncing with navigation, driver logs, remote start, location and status from the app.

Should be able to set it up with Volvo of NA directly - just give them a call with your serial number etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
819 Posts
I was able to setup Volvo on Call directly with Volvo online through an email exchange. But when the TEM "went to sleep" several months later, that HAD to be reset by a dealer. If your TEM is awake, you should be able to set everything up without having to go to a dealer.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Nice. Share some pics when you get the chance! I also went from a 2009 S40 to my 2015 V60CC a couple of weeks ago. Love it!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
You can do it from the Volvo on call app or just press the Volvo on call button in your car

·
Registered
308 Posts
Also I think it’s possible to enable remote start from VDASH using the key fob that doesn’t require a subscription to on call

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Hey! I'm a she :)
I didnt buy it from HCV, but funny enough the gentleman that delivered my car to me was telling my husband and I horror stories about them! Glad that I avoided that cluster!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was able to setup Volvo on Call directly with Volvo online through an email exchange. But when the TEM "went to sleep" several months later, that HAD to be reset by a dealer. If your TEM is awake, you should be able to set everything up without having to go to a dealer.
Thanks, this is handy info - I'm at work from now till 7a, so maybe I can get the ball rolling on the VOC setup. What is TEM?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Eeeeeek!! I just got the VOC set up, and started the car thru the app. This car has SO many neat and unexpected features. I feel like I just came out of the stone age of my S40 lol. :rave:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Eeeeeek!! I just got the VOC set up, and started the car thru the app. This car has SO many neat and unexpected features. I feel like I just came out of the stone age of my S40 lol. :rave:

Supposedly even cooler is the full Google connected setup on the new all-electric XC40 and P*2. Have ordered the latter and am looking forward to checking them out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts