SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got myself a new wagon. It's a 2007 V70 AWD. I live in Norway, so diesels are pretty common. This is the 2.4L D5 Euro4 185hp/400Nm, and the six speed TF-80SC auto trans.

It's a Kinetic with a lot of options, like sunroof, telephone, backup sensors, Bi-Xenon, full Premium Sound with sub minus the center speaker, RTI, heated seats, sports steering wheel, full on amazon rainforest wood inlays and whatnot.

A couple quickies, though. I have a leak, somewhere. When I washed it, a drop of water ended up on the dash, about an inch behind the VIN plate and three to four inches out from the A-pillar. Any common leaks on these, or just a crappy windshield install?

I've also got a little fogging on the inside of the right headlamp. Any was to remedy this?

Any general info you'd like to serve up on these cars would be awesome, I've driven P80s for ten years, so I'm on new ground here.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Your headlights look different from what we have in the states. More pictures, please? :)

As for the leak? Check the sunroof drains for restrictions. You can probably find some very useful info on this by doing a quick forum search. A crappy windshield install could certainly do it too. Sometimes the drains clog and water pools in the dome light, dripping on the dash from there.

I wish we had the AWD V70s in the states...

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Wait what? No AWD V70s here? Swear I saw one at a gas station in Washington today. Was I dreaming?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
You're on a roll this week my friend. :facepalm:

V70AWDs were available in the USA from 2001-2004 but available thru 2007 just about everywhere else.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your headlights look different from what we have in the states. More pictures, please? :)

As for the leak? Check the sunroof drains for restrictions. You can probably find some very useful info on this by doing a quick forum search. A crappy windshield install could certainly do it too. Sometimes the drains clog and water pools in the dome light, dripping on the dash from there.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk
Bi-Xenon lamps, might be a euro option. The low beams tilt upwards when engaging the high beams, gives pretty good light output. Looks decent too.

your headlight may have a crack in the housing. pull it out and look it over. I am sure you will find it.
It only happened after high pressure washing it, no more water even though it's been raining for days. Gonna test it out next wash, and pressure wash it piece by piece until I can replicate the results.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
BiXenons were a US option and in 2007 you could get the "bendable" lights. (Never seen one but they did exist in 2007), and Volvo headlights are known to start to leak by now being this old.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I test drove an XC70 with the active projector lights. Cool feature, but not really something I noticed I need - and another complicated piece of machinery that could break and ruin you.

Loving the car though. Need some new Premium Sound front door speakers, got no bass from them - unless they are possible to swap out for some aftermarket speakers,while retaining the assembly that holds the midrange speaker?

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I've seen two cars with active headlights of this generation so far. It's a pretty spiffy feature, but stupid expensive should something break as there are no parts available from scrappers. There was one used headlight listed in the entire USA with this option, and they wanted $500 for a used assembly.

I had no idea the rest of the world got a TF80 trans/awd set up for non-R cars. That's pretty cool actually, except for the probably terrible turning radius... I didn't even know we had a V70 AWD as I'd never seen one.*

Did you guys get any different wood trim options than we did?

*FYI: it doesn't actually bother me to be wrong from time to time. I expect it to happen, even.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know if we got different interior stylung than you, but to my knowledge there are the base dull grey plastic, the aluminiusm/silver, and this chunk, right from the HMS Swedefleet.

Same stuff on the stereo surround, centre console and door cards. I already have a buyer lined up, I can't stand it.

The turning circle isn't that bad. I've driven P80s for ten years, the three last of which was a 99 AWD with missing steering stops. Full lock meant horrible rubbing, so I got used to not going to full lock.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wrapped the B and C-pillars with some gloss black 3M-wrap. Think this looks good on most any car that isn't already black.

Also painted the grille in antracite, exept the logo, crossbar and chrome surround.

Put some high output LEDs in the reverse lights.

And I got the fogs up and running. That is, the connectors were both rusted away and burnt, so I LED DRL-converted them. Almost all fogs with halogen lamps after 1998 have about a 70mm opening in the lamp, so with some modification it fits like a glove.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The reverse light LED are a generic BA15S (european bulb name? Same socket as OEM anyway) 21W LED from my local Biltema, equivalent of your Autozone, I suppose. The DRLs are a pretty generic LED lamp, Hella produce the same stuff, among others for Skoda. Ebay probably havr loads of them.

Not my photos, but I did the exact same. You replace the OEM bulb holders and reflectors, and either get OEM connectors to plug into the harness, or chop shop them, as I did, since they were burnt to a crisp and rusted away.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

They really look sleek with the blacked out pillars. Less surface to polish too, and with a world full of people who don't know how to use a door handle, it's a nice upgrade.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts