SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2004 xc90 awhile back and I went to take the wheels off for a service and found that there is a lock nut on each wheel. I searched the car and can't find the key. Anyone know where they Hide these things? Are there any tricks to get the wheel off? I had the car pre-inspected before I bought it so I imagine he got the wheel off somehow.

Thanks guys,

Jordan

And sorry I didn't search at all, been busy.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Tool kit in the spare tire area
Glove box
Behind the front seats
Any orifice you can find

If not luck, you're screwed

·
Registered
27 Posts
Call your local dealer, see if they have the master set. If they don't try another dealer. When you find one that does, get them to remove it. This assumes they are the factory type. If they aren't, there are ways to get them off, but they are not without risk. How do you feel about a new set of wheels?

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I'm betting it's in your car.....somewhere!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha! Some great replies in there. Thanks guys, I'll update you today. It's happening one way or another today. My bushings are shot and the front end needs to be aligned and I die inside knowing that my tires are being eaten alive as my wife drives all over town.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
19mm Deep socket buy four of them. Take socket , use hammer to drive the socket overtop of the key and spin them off with your socket wrench.
Good chance you wont be able to get them back out and or if you do the socket is stretched out so... just throw them all out after your done.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My situation is particularly dreary because the locking portion is underneath nut or "stud" as it were and the key goes completely around the stud...I can spin the stud all day and it just free spins like the little jerk it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts