SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

My GF is in the market for a new car, and is liking the idea of a Volvo. I've done some research, but what are some models you guys would recommend and what are some you'd stay away from? She's just out of college, so we are looking in a range of around 8K. Instead of trying to go through every thread on SS, I thought some people could recommend/not recommend models.

I value this communities opinion, so I was looking to hear what you had to say!

Thanks!

EDIT: I'm not too worried about maintenance, as I have DICE and VIDA for the 40. Just don't want to get something with large known issues.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
If you're up for the maintenance, volvos can be very reliable. S40/s60, 06 and up have their problems worked out for the most part. It's harder to find an awd s40 but they're out there. Depends on what you want to spend and what's around you I suppose. I'd also look at Subaru if you're looking for awd. Imprezas are a dime a dozen and even if it needs a head gasket at 100k they're still affordable. That's really the only problem they have but even dealers only charge 1200 for it so it's not a deal breaker for me cause you can find many indies who will do it much cheaper that have experience with them.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts