SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's done this twice now, hoping someone might point out that it's a "feature" and not yet another damned fault on my S90. Walk to the car in the morning, fob-unlock, remove charger, get in car, start car, finish seat belt and put laptop bag down. Put car in reverse, press to release e-brake (or not, doesn't change it), and press the pedal. Car switches from R to P and the demand bar goes from 11oclock down to 9oclock. Shift it to R, press pedal, bar drops, car in park. Doesn't change no matter how many times you do it. Turn the car off and back on, same procedure, and it works.

Any clue? Yes I know, take it to the dealer, and I will at 10,000. I've taken it in 3 times for other issues and they fail to fix or even address them so I'm not going to waste my time on weekly visits with this car.

Other new issues: some of the cameras don't come on randomly in 360 view.
Using cruise control in the city in Pure or Hybrid and using only Electrons, and traffic comes to a stop, car stops fine, traffic moves so you hit up on the d-pad, it starts to go, then just drops all power, then very very slowly accelerates, have to push the pedal to catch up with traffic or get honked at.
And putting it in charge mode doesn't add charge to the battery all of the time. Drove for 25 minutes with the charge starting at 50%, i wanted to be charged when I got to where I was going, and it didn't go up a single pixel. Another day it charged from 15% to 50% in a short drive. So that function seems to be creeping out.
Sensus comes up every day "new system updates". Their solution #1 was to install all of the apps that aren't installed, as it is saying there is an update to those apps (even tho they aren't install). So that didn't fix it of course. Solution #2 was to run all of the installed apps one by one and one of them should prompt for an upgrade, of course it didn't. I uninstalled ALL of the apps and it's still flagging system updates available. And it's not the map either.

Saving them all up for the 10,000 mile checkup. They refused to apply the system update on the last visit so I can't expect anything until the big service, no point in taking it back in.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
So it's done this twice now, hoping someone might point out that it's a "feature" and not yet another damned fault on my S90. Walk to the car in the morning, fob-unlock, remove charger, get in car, start car, finish seat belt and put laptop bag down. Put car in reverse, press to release e-brake (or not, doesn't change it), and press the pedal. Car switches from R to P and the demand bar goes from 11oclock down to 9oclock. Shift it to R, press pedal, bar drops, car in park. Doesn't change no matter how many times you do it. Turn the car off and back on, same procedure, and it works.

Any clue? Yes I know, take it to the dealer, and I will at 10,000. I've taken it in 3 times for other issues and they fail to fix or even address them so I'm not going to waste my time on weekly visits with this car.

Other new issues: some of the cameras don't come on randomly in 360 view.
Using cruise control in the city in Pure or Hybrid and using only Electrons, and traffic comes to a stop, car stops fine, traffic moves so you hit up on the d-pad, it starts to go, then just drops all power, then very very slowly accelerates, have to push the pedal to catch up with traffic or get honked at.
And putting it in charge mode doesn't add charge to the battery all of the time. Drove for 25 minutes with the charge starting at 50%, i wanted to be charged when I got to where I was going, and it didn't go up a single pixel. Another day it charged from 15% to 50% in a short drive. So that function seems to be creeping out.
Sensus comes up every day "new system updates". Their solution #1 was to install all of the apps that aren't installed, as it is saying there is an update to those apps (even tho they aren't install). So that didn't fix it of course. Solution #2 was to run all of the installed apps one by one and one of them should prompt for an upgrade, of course it didn't. I uninstalled ALL of the apps and it's still flagging system updates available. And it's not the map either.

Saving them all up for the 10,000 mile checkup. They refused to apply the system update on the last visit so I can't expect anything until the big service, no point in taking it back in.
Reverse-to-Park: This can happen if the car is on an incline or decline and starts to roll. It is best to put your foot firmly on the brake before you put in gear and/or before you release the parking brake. It happens to me occasionally but this technique generally works.

Cameras: A door, hood tailgate ajar. Side mirrors folded in or not fully extended (I.e., bumped).

Adaptive Cruise: Try setting you timed-spacing to two or three bars.If timed-spacing is at a higher level, the car in front must move ahead enough that the car will actually move.

Charging: Please provide more info. Were you in stop and go traffic or steady flow and speed like 50 mph. As long as I am below 50% charge, I can achieve about 25% increase in 18 miles at ~ 60 mph. I don’t do this much anymore - using hold and charging on the grid when possible. Your electrical consumption can vary based on climate settings and drive mode (where pure maximizes regeneration and minimizes discharge.

Apps: Try to reinstall Volvo ID, check with Customer Care that your car details and owner info are accurate. Otherwise, dealer should be trying to reinstall the apps. May need to escalate to Customer Care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reverse-to-Park, both times have been in my carport, on a slab, so I could easily say no roll, not even water rolls off as much as I wish it did. Both times I've had to reboot, but I'll try firmly braking and trying it again next time per your advice.

I can see the side mirror not extending, or I hit it squeezing by.. no, cuz they're retracted, they should open upon unlocking, but good point. Can a door or tailgate be ajar enough and not trigger the dash warning?

Charging: I was on interstate at easily 70mph for 20 minutes. It is my understanding that if you set it to charge, it should not use any for the car (for the most part) and dedicate the ICE to charging. The day after it didn't work, it worked just fine and gave a 25% bump quickly. I wonder if there's a starting level where it doesn't want to do it, like cell phones won't use QuickCharge if they're at 50% to begin with.

I'll reinstall volvoID, it's the only one there.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I uninstalled even the Volvo app, so currently there are zero apps installed, still tells me every day new system updates available. Nothing on any screen. I've also disabled side mirror retraction and down-on-reverse. Seems it can't return the mirrors to the same spots each time, i have to keep adjusting my mirrors every few days. More and more and more features I am disabling on this car, sad I wasted the money thinking it would be a better experience than my last nightmare. Car companies need to quit pretending they are tech companies.

·
Registered
553 Posts
It could be one of the maps that an update is available for. Have you checked the maps?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Yes that update notice is for Maps . best way is download maps online and install from usb stick and message will go away for a while

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Yes that update notice is for Maps . best way is download maps online and install from usb stick and message will go away for a while
+1
It is the road maps and not a bug.

Updating all maps USB is the best option (IMO). However, to minimize consternation, you could wait for the August update. It should be released soon, very soon.

As you may know, a car from the factory has the target market’s base maps installed. If it is a US-destined car, the car comes with all of the North American maps, including all US states, territories, Canada and Mexico.

You can opt to remove some or many of the subregions where you will never plan to drive. That approach will reduce the frequency of the messages, but you will still receive “update messages” until you finally update your installed maps.

Another alternative is to use OTA updates, first for your home region and then for all of your other installed regions or subregions.

The best alternative is to install all maps via USB, call it a day and enjoy your ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts