SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My VR just turned 148kmiles, and it's time for new brakes. I picked up the parts from DRT in MA months ago (can't believe that was March http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?171618-Picked-up-new-rotors-from-DRT )and just now found the time to leave my car with my indy.
Good to go with rotors, pads, Ti Shims, and rubber nipples

Old front left

New front right

Old rear left

New rear right

Replace Clutch Pedal switch

Replace Front O2 Sensor

Replace Clock Spring/Steering Angle Sensor

Crazy that those were the original rotors on the car, and my indy tells me that my rears could have run much longer. And just my second set of pads. Something to say about sales and highway driving.
The car feels great, as the new O2 sensor seems to have smoothed out the engine. A noticeable difference.
Kudos to TKi and the great service they deliver. Always top notch. :thumbup:
Scott

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Is the replacement clutch position sensor a preventative measure or did you have symptoms?
I had two warnings pop up a few times this summer: Anti-skid Service Required and Chassis Settings Temporarily Off.
I'm told that failure of the steering angle sensor can make that happen.
I also had a problem with my cruise control dropping out. The clutch sensor failing created that issue.

I'm surprised you didn't do the brakes and rotors yourself honestly; it's so easy to do.
Time is the issue. As the car was in for other problems, I let the pros handle it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have exactly what I was planning on buying/installing: HPS on PowerSlots, not drilled. How do you like the HPS? Any pulsing from the slots?
I just bedded them and haven't really driven. Give me a few days on that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.