SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To follow up on my earlier post http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?181875-New-brakes-and-a-few-repairs, my car is just running great!
TKi had replaced my front O2 sensor, which has made a world of difference on my 148kmile ride. It is sooooo much smoother than before. Just terrific! There is a very rare and muted backfire, but now a smoothness that I haven't had in a longlong time.

Next, the clock spring on the steering has also had a profound effect on the ride. As part of the 4C package, it makes sense (but not sure why). Handling is planted and solid. I'm usually in sport mode, and noticed the difference immediately.

Funny how you don't notice when things change slowly and gradually. I can only think putting in a new MAF (I have one on the shelf) or a new secondary 02 sensor could make things even better. Highly recommend that high-mileage cars replace some parts that may not seem like they need to be replaced.
And the new brake kit is also solid. Fantastic stopping power seems effortless and solid.

The car is leaping and fastfast, and just feels great.
I do have to be careful driving, because she just wants to gogogo… :thumbup:
Scott

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you have any CEL's prior to replacing the o2? or just a misc misfire
No CEL. Just an occasional misfire at low RPM that could be quite pronounced. Now just a soft ptoo, with much less frequency.

·
Registered
70 Posts
hmm interesting i may have to replace it when i do my downpipe this week. did you notice any low rumble almost struggling noise before the replacement

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm interesting i may have to replace it when i do my downpipe this week. did you notice any low rumble almost struggling noise before the replacement
No symptoms like that. The engine seemed as it always was, but the new 02 brought back a calmness(?) that I recall when the car was new-er.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts