SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've had my XC60 T5 Inscription for 14 months now and put 29000 miles on it. Today during service I needed new rotors and pads in the front and new rear pads for a total of 1100 dollar. This seems like excessive wear to me. I've had an Infiniti QX60 and Chevrolet Suburban previously driving 20000+ miles a year on the exact same commute and never had to change any brakes even though I owned them for about 4 years each. What's up with my Volvo???

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Did mine myself for less than half of what you paid

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not all cars and brake systems are the same.
I totally agree and I don't expect all vehicles to be the same. However Infinity and Chevrolet managed to design 2 vehicles that weigh significantly more with brakes that last a lot longer on the same commute I've had for the last decade. Even Volvo knows how to do this as we have 82000 miles on our family's C70 and we have never had any brake issues.

I feel that either Volvo choose to do a poor design on XC60 to get services revenue or something is up with my car. Lots of XC60 owners online here. What do you feel is acceptable? When did you have your brakes serviced?

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Nothing is up with your car. Depending on driving, I've seen SPA cars need front brakes generally between 30k and 50k and rear between 20k and 40k.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Nothing is up with your car. Depending on driving, I've seen SPA cars need front brakes generally between 30k and 50k and rear between 20k and 40k.
Exactly depends on the driving style and the configuration of the terrain where it is driven

On all my previous cars, it was normal for me to change the front brakes sooner than the rear brakes
It's the first time I've heard to the rear brakes last 30- 50% shorter than the front

1 - 8 of 8 Posts