SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XC90 T6 AWD
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a 2 year required service on my '18 XC90 T6. The latest software upgrade was installed at this service.
A new GREEN symbol appears in the dash when stopped at a traffic light, replacing the 'white road line icon'.
The symbol, ((A)) appears to coincide with an 'auto brake' function while stopped in traffic or at a traffic control signal.
As I wait to proceed, I can remove my foot from the brake.......remain stopped......until.....I press the accelerator to proceed, it releases.
Strange feeling stopped with no pressure on the brake pedal.
No Autopilot functions are in use when it occurs.
This was not present until the software update.
Is this a 'hill hold' brake function that now engages on flat ground?
I would appreciate any feedback from members and if there is a way to defeat it, not enthralled by this 'upgrade'.
THANKS!

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,039 Posts
I suppose this is the Auto Hold function you're talking about. The button below your parking brake is what activates/deactivates it. If enabled, it will hold the brakes for you at a stop until you press on the accelerator. This is different from the Auto Start/Stop function, which will turn off your engine if the situation demands but will not hold the brakes for you. The moment you release the brake pedal, the engine will start back up. I manually engage the auto-hold function when at long stop lights with no movement until the lights turn green.

·
Registered
2018 XC90 T6 AWD
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, Volvolic !!!! Problem solved!! Probable case of "end-user-itis"..............I could have inadvertently pressed it while engaging the parking brake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts