SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car died on me while driving and I had to pull to the side and the car wouldn't start. I got towed to the Volvo dealer because it said "immobilizer". went to the dealer and all they said was it needed a new battery. I end up driving it home and it dies on me again so I get it towed to the dealer AGAIN. they say the alternator was at fault(which was my first guess) and they are asking 950$ for install and a new one!?

No way I can afford that, I looked on tasca and found a new one for 375$. I am wondering If anyone knows if I can find a cheaper one somewhere else? and if the install is for advanced.. I have moderate knowledge on this stuff and I believe I could replace it. But I always come here first before I do anything cause you guys know these cars inside and out.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'm on mobile so it didn't pop up but I found it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
T5 Alternator replacement is a bit tough due to lack of space. Check the Sticky for pictures, etc. Loosening the right motor mount & jacking the engine slightly will also help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.