SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post, so I apologize if it isn't very organized.

I recently swapped my OEM steering wheel for a brand new Grip Royal handmade wooden wheel. I haven't been able to test it out yet though because I am currently working on getting the entire car pieced together after a stock rebuild on the engine. I think it looks pretty sharp though!

What are your opinions?

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Out of place... But more importantly,
I'll take an airbag over "looks" any day!
That's my opinion.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I'll take an air bag also. So many other ways to dress up a ride without sacrificing safety.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I totally hear you guys! I really like the way it looks, but I've been considering not keeping it in just because of the fact that it isn't safe. Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I agree with out of place, but I really like that wheel! It looks good!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Wheel is dead sexy but definitely looks like it belongs in more of a 1800 then a 70 series.

Insert generic airbag comment here

·
Registered
63 Posts
Unsafe as all hell but dat retro british racing feel though... if you keep it you know you'll need gold 3 piece mesh rims right?

Anyone know if its possible for me to hook up a 3 spoke S60 wheel in my 2000 V70 and hook up the cruise control and audio buttons? Literally the only thing I would change on my wheel

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I've had an airbag blow up in my face and it's not pleasant. I'd do some racing seats and a harness seat belt and get rid of the airbag, and probably be safer. How about a cage? Lol.. Good tires are more important than airbags any day.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I've had an airbag blow up in my face and it's not pleasant. I'd do some racing seats and a harness seat belt and get rid of the airbag, and probably be safer. How about a cage? Lol.. Good tires are more important than airbags any day.
Good tires don't matter when someone else hits you

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I've seen what happens without airbags too many times...
Trust me - They're a GOOD thing. Go look in the mirror
and thank your lucky stars that it did it's job!

And Sven makes a Really good point - You can only be
responsible for so many things on the road around you.
And the other drivers are getting worse all the time...

Keep your head on a swivel, pay attention, be predictable
and figure that the stupid thing that other guy looks
like he's about to do? He's gonna do it...

Have Fun, but Stay Safe! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts