SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we decided we needed something a little bigger (no... no kids yet... just planning... :p) and more roadtrip friendly than my wife's Focus. So, meet Jet, our new-to-us '08 XC90 V8 Executive... with some weird individual option combos. Strangely someone went through and checked the same boxes I would have! How nice of them!

We discussed another V50, but liked the flexibility of two different platforms for different purposes. The V8 has so far managed to turn out some pretty good MPG numbers (23.5 hwy) and runs on regular gas per the owners manual, so I have no complaints.

So we're now officially a Volvo family. :D With that said, I'll probably be a little more active around here now that I can do all my car-related stuff on one forum.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Congrats on the XC90! What strange individual options are you talking about? Looks sweet!

Gesendet von meinem C6833 mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It has the Executive package (kinda rare for 2008 in the US), but the 18" Camulus wheels instead of 19's. DynAudio, but halogen lights instead of the Xenons (half the tech package), Heated seats and headlight washers but no auto wipers (which would have been the Climate package), rear park assist but no power mirrors (and a couple other pieces of the Convenience package), it was just a car that had individual options ordered instead of packages.

It looks much better in person, I'm shocked at how well kept the exterior is for 124k miles. The interior needs some limited reconditioning (wood trim has cracked, sadly) but it's overall in great shape.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Congrats on the newish car!

Funny, my fiancee is considering a Volvo now and currently has a Focus. I still have my Oldsmobile love thou :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts