·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can't wait for them to add 360 camera. Having this added to the list of accessories validates my expectation that 360 Camera are most likely make there.

Thank you Volvo

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I am looking to the new accessory - Auto Pilot 2 :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If they added this, I think Pilot Assist 2 will make it eventually.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I even commented on it... Must be the oil price taking a toll on me

·
Registered
173 Posts
I can't wait for them to add 360 camera. Having this added to the list of accessories validates my expectation that 360 Camera are most likely make there.

Thank you Volvo
360 camera will be more difficult to add as you would need to add the physical cameras which are not present in cars without the feature. Intellisafe is added with just software and it looks like a fluid reservoir to control the steering which is not as difficult a retrofit as replacing multiple trim pieces, and adding wiring for cameras. All of the radar hardware for intellisafe is already installed as part of the standard safety system so it is just software and the steering fluid reservoir that needs to be added.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
360 camera will be more difficult to add as you would need to add the physical cameras which are not present in cars without the feature. Intellisafe is added with just software and it looks like a fluid reservoir to control the steering which is not as difficult a retrofit as replacing multiple trim pieces, and adding wiring for cameras. All of the radar hardware for intellisafe is already installed as part of the standard safety system so it is just software and the steering fluid reservoir that needs to be added.
Volvo would front cameras to the V60 CC

http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-ca/V60 Cross Country/Accessories/Document/VCC-483076/2016

I don't think the XC90 any more difficult. New mirror housing may be required, though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
My '16 XC90 did not come with Pilot Assist/ACC. On the Volvo Accessory website it does say "This offer is only aimed at customers without IntelliSafe Assist".

Went to the dealer yesterday for service and when I asked them they said that the vehicle needs to have this installed from the factory. But their website does not mention this...

Anyone tried this yet?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts