SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just leased my first Volvo on Friday, a 2019 V60 T6 AWD Inscription in Onyx Black/Amber with Advanced and Luxury Seat package, upgraded 19" wheels and heated rear seat/steering wheel package.

My previous vehicle was a Genesis G80 3.8 RWD, and I am enjoying the practicality and AWD of the V60 (it's been raining quite a lot in Austin, so the Genesis would constantly swing it's ass out on my in corners).

Two things I found that were slightly disappointing:

I'm a little surprised that the V60 doesn't have rear window sun shades (on a nearly $60,000 vehicle) - so it will probably need to get tinted.
The Genesis would show vehicles in the blind-spot in the HUD - that was a useful feature. It would also beep at me if I tried to move into a lane with the vehicle in the blind spot - the Volvo just seems to flash the light in the mirror (maybe a setting that has eluded me so far).

Overall, the V60 is significantly smaller than the G80 (10 inches), but offers significantly more room inside (slightly less rear passenger legroom, but absolutely sufficient). I needed a wagon to be able to load a wheelchair for my new step daughter, so the Volvo fit the bill. I drove a lot of SUVs (XC60/90, Q7, CX9, Atlas, Telluride/Palisade, etc.) but the Volvo does what I need without having to drive a school bus all the time. The Q7 would have been nice, but Audi leases suck bad and the price for what I wanted was close to $80,000.

I'm sure I'll have questions in the future as I'm learning all the features and look forward to participating in the forum.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I just leased my first Volvo on Friday, a 2019 V60 T6 AWD Inscription ...

Two things I found that were slightly disappointing:

I'm a little surprised that the V60 doesn't have rear window sun shades (on a nearly $60,000 vehicle) - so it will probably need to get tinted...
I'm in Dallas and can't imagine NOT having tinted windows for UV and heat protection so would imagine need would be even greater in Austin. Can you add tint to a leased car? I've only owned, so don't know limitations of what you may or may not do if leased.

Volvo offers a nice three-piece sunshade set for the cargo area windows of the V90. It's the same mesh material as in the pull up shades in the rear passenger doors of the Inscription (don't know if the V60 has those), in a fairly thick wire frame that form fits the two side and rear windows for the cargo area. Since they just redesigned the V60, this accessory, if offered, may be a while before coming to market. Obviously, be careful if ordering and be sure to specify model year since the shape of the windows are now different.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats on the V60! I too just came from a Genesis ('15 Ultimate) and am delighted with my S60 T6 Inscription. I wanted something a little smaller and looked hard at the G70 3.3t. The G70 is a great car and is absolutely a rocket with the 3.3t engine, but the back seat area is tiny and it doesn't lease as well as the S60 due mostly to lousy residual values (60% vs 53% for 36 mos) and the $3,000 Costco cash. In the end, my monthly payment is ~$125 less per month for the S60. Regarding the blind spot monitoring difference, the Volvo sales manager told me that Volvo designers liked to minimize "driver distraction" issues and determined that the blinking mirror light was sufficient for the purpose. I liked the Genesis indicator in both mirror and HUD as well, but after a month of driving the S60 I'm used to Volvo version and kind of like it. My wife was always commenting on all the "beeps" in the various Genny safety systems and especially when the I was changing lanes to the right when that warning beep would be in her ear!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Congrats, that’s a GREAT car and a beautiful color combination! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in Dallas and can't imagine NOT having tinted windows for UV and heat protection so would imagine need would be even greater in Austin. Can you add tint to a leased car? I've only owned, so don't know limitations of what you may or may not do if leased.

Volvo offers a nice three-piece sunshade set for the cargo area windows of the V90. It's the same mesh material as in the pull up shades in the rear passenger doors of the Inscription (don't know if the V60 has those), in a fairly thick wire frame that form fits the two side and rear windows for the cargo area. Since they just redesigned the V60, this accessory, if offered, may be a while before coming to market. Obviously, be careful if ordering and be sure to specify model year since the shape of the windows are now different.
The dealer offered to tint it, so I imagine it won't be a problem to get tint added (as long as it's legal) to the vehicle. You can make modifications to the vehicle as long as they are legal and don't permanently damage/alter the car. I would assume drilling holes in a trunk lid to add a spoiler would be a no-no. Tint is reversible, and if the car stays in TX or other southern states, is probably highly appreciated by potential second owners and adds resale value for Volvo. The tint adds a significant expense, but I may just go that route to save myself from the considerable heat we have right now ... At least the interior isn't all black ...

Yeah, the rear doors on the V60 don't have the pull up shades - at least not on my car, which is pretty loaded (every option except Park Assist Pilot, Bowers & Wilkins Stereo and Active Chassis). I think the sales guys said it was a 90's series feature and not available on the 60's series. They didn't have an V90's in stock that met my criteria (I wanted HUD, full driving assist and a beige/tan interior), otherwise I would have aimed for a V90.

So far I am enjoying the car, the window shades can be replaced by the tint...

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Welcome.

There may be aftermarket mesh screens for all the side and rear windows that are made specifically for the v60.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts