SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up a 2002 V70XC Ocean Race with 120K miles on it. Ultimately the car will be on snow duty with my daughter who's going to college in upstate NY. I have a couple questions about the car:

- I would like to mount snow tires on separate wheels. I have a set of original 16" Helium wheels from a 2000 S70 GLT. I think those should fit. Anybody see a problem with that?

- I see the car has a trailer hitch, but does not seem to have the tongue and ball. I assume this was a separate option to purchase? Can't find it in the car anywhere.

The car seems to be in good shape having recently been checked out and serviced by a Volvo dealer mechanic. New rotors/pads, new ETM, all new fluids, new plugs, some sensors replaced, new front springs and struts, etc. AWD is working and transmission seems to be healthy at least so far. Here's a photo of the car with my R somewhere in the mountains of West Virginia on the trip home - actually a combined college drop-off/ pick up car trip. Bit of a long story.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Awesome! A rare bird i would certainly try to snag if I came across it. More pics? :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Awesome! A rare bird i would certainly try to snag if I came across it. More pics? :)
Here are a couple more pics. The car needs a good detailing and some dings removed. It's been a long time since it's seen a coat of wax. It was owned by a little old lady who didn't drive it for the past two years.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Looks like a great one, thanks. I've got an '04 XC with similar mileage that was meticulously cared for (until I got it lol) and it has been a perfect vehicle for just about everything I run into in the NE. Your daughter lucked out!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, I love that shade of blue. Long shot, I know, but what number is your car? I bought a bundle of books recently and ended up with this book and would like to see it reunited with the correct car.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Congrats on the purchase, I love that shade of blue. Long shot, I know, but what number is your car? I bought a bundle of books recently and ended up with this book and would like to see it reunited with the correct car.
Mine is #300 so no match unfortunately. Thanks for checking though.

·
Registered
749 Posts
- I see the car has a trailer hitch, but does not seem to have the tongue and ball. I assume this was a separate option to purchase? Can't find it in the car anywhere.
The tongue and ball is listed in the installation PDF so I'm reasonably sure your car came with one originally. It's a 2" receiver so it shouldn't be too hard to source one.

I recently pulled a factory hitch from a junked '02 Ocean Race and I've been waiting for a good day to install it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts