SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey... I'm a long time Volvo owner (family owns four), but first time poster. <p>Just picked up a 2000 C70 HPT 5 speed convertible with 61k miles that I bought over the Internet from 1000 miles away. Had a local Volvo dealer check it out and they said it was a good car, needed a 60k service and a few other things, but nothing major. <p>Drove it back from Indy to Boston and loved the open air feel, interior, all of it. <p>Only issue is some shimmy at 45-50 and jolts over bumps. Any suggestions on improving the ride? I'm used to the nervous ride of the old 850s. The C70 feels similar but a bit more jarring on bumps. I read a post about the strut brace idea. Does that help? Volvo dealers said a couple wheels might be bent, but the used car lot guy didn't think so, but balanced and rotated tires before I got there anyway. Any other suggestions on care and feeding of my new toy?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Re: new 2000 C70 owner questions (blacknblue)

The C70 conv. comes with lots of chassis flex and cowl shake. Add a strut brace and IPD sway bars and u have a much improved road handling car.<br>Also, treat the top with Raggtopp every year, its a cleaner and protectant.<br>Good Luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: new 2000 C70 owner questions (morboost)

Thanks. I'm new to this ... what's a good source for those items?

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Re: new 2000 C70 owner questions (blacknblue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>blacknblue</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks. I'm new to this ... what's a good source for those items? </TD></TR></TABLE><p>ipdusa.com<p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts