SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 73 145E. My tailgate has some rust at the rear window surround and I'm thinking it might be cheaper to replace with rust-free than repair.

My question is, does anyone know if there is an interchange between 240 and 145 tailgates?

My vent quarter windows seem like the rubber gaskets are a little stiff and leaky, but hard to assess because the locks came unglued. What is the preferred solution - reglue or use the aftermarket locks? Any ideas on sources for the rubber parts?

My front doors also lack window scrapers, and I'd like to source those. Any interchange with other cars there? Thanks - Erich

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
If the 245 tailgate isn't the same I think it'll be pretty close. Go to TurboBricks and do a search as I think there's a thread there on this very topic.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
I just bought a 73 145E. My tailgate has some rust at the rear window surround and I'm thinking it might be cheaper to replace with rust-free than repair.

My question is, does anyone know if there is an interchange between 240 and 145 tailgates?

My vent quarter windows seem like the rubber gaskets are a little stiff and leaky, but hard to assess because the locks came unglued. What is the preferred solution - reglue or use the aftermarket locks? Any ideas on sources for the rubber parts?

My front doors also lack window scrapers, and I'd like to source those. Any interchange with other cars there? Thanks - Erich
Where is your 240?

To save a bunch of time and money visit a pick-n-pull with 140/240 Volvos (before the snow covers everything) and make some measurements.

Thanks.

George Dill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts