SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Everyone!

Proud to say that I am now a new owner of yet another S60R, I had one before this but only for a short time and never contributed to the forum, until now!

My previous R I had purchased from an uncle who unfortunately passed away. The previous caR was a 2004 Black Sapphire w/ Nordkap interior and 187k miles (gave out in September), was severely neglected before I had purchased it although I did get to experience what the R is all about.

Since I got to experience what the R is all about I had to get another, this time with very few miles and not nearly as neglected. I looked around for a few months until one day I came across one in Illinois, I live in Ohio and unfortunately couldn't make the trip out there to test drive the car so I ended up purchasing it sight unseen, besides the pictures of course.

This Monday I received the NEW 2005 S60R (Black Sapphire w/ Nordkap) w/ 67k miles and have been somewhat enjoying it since. The reason I say that is because I believe there is a leak with the turbo. The car feels so underpowered compared to my previous one and buddies R's I've been in. I don't have a boost gauge installed yet unfortunately. I'll be taking it into a shop to get smoke tested for leaks tomorrow or early next week.

Anyways, I'll leave some pictures below. Let me know what you all think!

Enjoy!!

Added bonus: IT HAS REMOTE START!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new purchase :) Sorry to hear about your uncle, but keep the 04 for parts if you have the space. Is the 04 MT or Auto? If it's MT, it will certainly be faster in 1st-2nd as the torque is not limited like it is in 04-05 5-speed autos.

·
Registered
222 Posts
That's a clean looking car! don't see a timing belt replacement decal under the hood tho :)

and welcome!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome and congrats on the new purchase :) Sorry to hear about your uncle, but keep the 04 for parts if you have the space. Is the 04 MT or Auto? If it's MT, it will certainly be faster in 1st-2nd as the torque is not limited like it is in 04-05 5-speed autos.
Thanks! Glad to be here.. 04 is Auto, was looking to get an MT but the new one was too good to pass up so had to settle for another Auto. Thinking of parting the 04 though out so I can have some cash when the repairs will be needed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a clean looking car! don't see a timing belt replacement decal under the hood tho :)

and welcome!
Thanks!

Still need to take it in to get service done so that I'm aware of whats been replaced and what hasn't in case any problems arise later on (which will definitely happen :) )

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vulture alert!!!! Hows the Nordkap in the 04????????
Not the greatest but not the worst. Front passenger side seat is the cleanest of them all. Back seats are clean as well. Can share some pics if you're interested. Just let me know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts