SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Am new to the forum and would like to seek the experience of the regulars here.

I do a lot of track days in my S60R and a few suspension mods to help the car along. I've recently started using racing slick tyres, which work very well but I'm unable to get enough negative camber adjustment on the front to make the best use of the tyres, which leads to them wearing out very quickly on the outside edge.

I've tried Eibach camber bolts but they don't offer that much adjustment over what can be achieved with the standard setup. So the question is does anyone know of any available mods which can be applied to the standard 4C shock, which can give say -2 to -3 deg of camber? The car is predominantly a road car so ideally I need to be able to run standard geometry most of the time, but the flexibility to make some changes when on track (and reverse them for the trip home of course!).

Many thanks for your help!

·
6,436 Posts
My only suggestion would be to try to retrofit K-SPORT coilover tops to the oem shocks. Ksports co e with adjustable camber plates. Perhaps you can swap out OEM mounts with those?
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My only suggestion would be to try to retrofit K-SPORT coilover tops to the oem shocks. Ksports co e with adjustable camber plates. Perhaps you can swap out OEM mounts with those?
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for that - I have considered using adjustable top mounts from the likes of K-Sport, TEIN, BC etc., the problem being I can't find anything definitive about someone who has actually successfully done such a conversion. The issue tends to be the piston and spring seat diameters from the aftermarket suppliers differs, such that swapping between them isn't really straightforward - I could be wrong and would love to hear if anyone has done this mod.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts