SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello crew! I just bought a early 04 V70R and am just getting started bringing it back from the dead. One part I cannot seem to find used is a SUM part# 30768080. I’m checking local shops and wreckers nationwide with no success. This one is a needle...anyone got one? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jesse. I bought this sight unseen (I know) and it is on the cusp of me giving up and parting it out myself. If I can find as many used (cheaper) parts than I need to or it dies. I don’t want that. If only it was like 100 chassis later and eBay is littered with these.

We are sure that the later sum (30739073) cannot be used (even if reprogrammed) in early 04 models? Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm in a similar position and, yeah, it's not cheap - I've only had it for a month and I'm $1600 into what I'm estimating is going to be about $5000 worth of repairs, even with me doing the vast majority of the work. There are a couple of active part-out threads in the FWD/AWD parts for sale classifieds, but I'd start here.

Good luck, hope you can keep it on the road.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had not seen this thread...thank you very much! That $$ is what I’m looking at too. This stupid module was NOT on the list of ailments until I put the key in for the first time. It is expensive but these are disappearing rather quickly now...be kind of nice to have one of the last.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts