SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be having my machined Pegs machined again due to failing clear coat. I was thinking of doing the same TiGray windows with just a plain clear, but am up for reasonable suggestions to make them different. I've done Electric Silver with dark tinted clear, but ultimately liked the TiGray/clear (or light tint) the best so far.

These will be going back onto my white XC...

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Failing clear? that's strange. That was surprisingly short lived.
Anyway, I still think TiGray is the best option. It's dark but not dark enough to hide the details, it also gives it an OEM look like Vulcanis, Atreus, Midir, and Cassiopeias. They simply should have made Pegs this way.

·
Registered
57 Posts
powder coating at $100 per wheel is the way to go. my pegs are bullet proof

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going for something a little more "unique" than a single-color powder coated finish. I am thinking that I like the slight tint that I used to have (as pictured on my Vagon).

I was having this done at about $150/wheel (straightened, refinished).

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Does anyone know whether the 18" pegs are painted or powdercoated from the factory? I talked to wheel collision in PA and they said they were painted from the factory. I would have assumed powdercoat.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Interesting. I have been painting as a hobby for 10 years and since I found out most places use body filler to fix and regular base/clear to finish, I should just do them myself rather then send them out for $165 per wheel...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Adam lets go with white windows and machine face. but some justin touch on them. hahaha

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yup, 17's have always been super cheap w/ the rebate. I'm most likely going to do that in September for my winter setup...

Wheel Collision is now dead to me. I have spent a TON of money there having multiple sets like this done and they just look at me like a check book, not a valued customer... Alloy Wheel Repair is next in line to try (priced right, and will come to you).

Dustin, I was thinking white windows, but they'd get FILTHY!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I'm going for something a little more "unique" than a single-color powder coated finish. I am thinking that I like the slight tint that I used to have (as pictured on my Vagon).

I was having this done at about $150/wheel (straightened, refinished).
Adam,

I vote for the Titanium look. In addition, I had mine coated a low gloss black on the back side to hide the brake dust and road grime. This might work with the black trim of the Vagon.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pre darken them, ala permanent brake dust. I like the way you think ;)

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Adam,

I vote for the Titanium look. In addition, I had mine coated a low gloss black on the back side to hide the brake dust and road grime. This might work with the black trim of the Vagon.
Have a picture of the black drum?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I beat you
$680 minus the $200 rebate
$480 for a new set of Pegs! (17")
Great price!! care to share how you got that price??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts