SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my vida/dice stuff today (thanks for the recommendation TristanScott) and I just installed it and hooked it up to the caR. I'm not sure if I extracted something wrong or if I need to do something extra but I followed the instructions and it won't read. I have a red light on vehicle communication when I try to run the scan and the USB communication flashes yellow. The software is 2014D. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Change the partner group to AME for America.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
2,521 Posts
Wrong partner group for starters

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh for ********s sake. Might have something to do with the guy's instructions coming from lithuania. i feel SO dumb :D i'll give that a go

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
didnt work. any other ideas?

·
2,521 Posts
Do you have the key in pos II ie run?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah its in 2, engine isnt running.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Did you have the dice unit powered up when installing the drivers?

Do you have multiple dice units showing in that drop down menu? For some reason my VIDA is stupid and has 3 different dice units listed, I had to experiment to find the right one and I have to select it every time.

Other than that the only time I've seen your problem is with a defective dice unit but then the lights didn't come on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you need help with the volvo dice?

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH THE VOLVO DICE? SEND ME AN EMAIL [email protected]

So I got my vida/dice stuff today (thanks for the recommendation TristanScott) and I just installed it and hooked it up to the caR. I'm not sure if I extracted something wrong or if I need to do something extra but I followed the instructions and it won't read. I have a red light on vehicle communication when I try to run the scan and the USB communication flashes yellow. The software is 2014D. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
Oh for ********s sake. Might have something to do with the guy's instructions coming from lithuania. i feel SO dumb :D i'll give that a go
Did you contact Darius for help? He's been pretty quick to answer any questions I've had.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i'm gonna once i get home from class. i re-installed it about 10 minutes ago (my physics professor actually thinks i pay attention...) so i'll try again when i get home and if it doesn't work again i'll message him. is he victor20?

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Have you run the test in DICE to make sure its communicating with the device and gotten an 'OK'? Need to be sure that part works before you can even think about talking to the car with it.

Every now and then when I restart my VM where my DICE lives, it isn't working and fails the communication test, but when I unplug it and then plug it back in that usually does the trick.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah it connected fine. i must've extracted something wrong. we'll see after lab :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
T5R it's the one on ebay with ~170 sold.

victor yeah its 2014D

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

so now i'm getting this, i found the dice diagnostic program and its saying there's no voltage and im getting that error. gonna message darius.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Did you select the DICE device in vmware and tell it to pass through into the virtual machine?

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
You have to have it plugged into the car with the power on, or run it with an external power supply if its set up for that for the computer to communicate, since the car/external power runs the device, not the USB power.

If that is the case, try unplugging and replugging the USB into the computer, that sometimes clears this up for me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts