SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had my SS brakes lines installed (JimLill era ones, pre-Takspeed but should be EXACTLY the same sans different color). Anyways, we keep on getting a leak in the brake system. I found out the hard way after the brake pedal dropped to the floor after a block. So we rebled the system a second time and it's still doing it. Is there a trick to install these? Did Takspeed's lines change over Jim's? We are going to take a look at it again tomorrow. If not, the stockers go back on.

vizwiz - any comments? TIA!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Re: Need urgent help with SS brake lines... (mike_c70)

Do you know where the leak is coming from? After you screw the line onto the caliper the B-nut on the hard line can be a little difficult to get started. Make sure that nut is completely tight. When you bled the calipers did you go inside then outside? The biggest thing I guess is to find out where the leak is coming from then go from there.

Denny

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Need urgent help with SS brake lines... (JimLill)

We don't know at this point. Trying to figure out where air is coming from is tough. I don't have time right now to install it one by one and flush the system every time. If I find anything, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts

i've not heard any reports of leaking problems so far. do you have the VADIS instructions for bleeding the lines? shoot me an IM with your email if not and I will send them to you so you can be sure your procedures are accurate. I still haven't installed my own lines (waiting to do it with new rotors and pads) so I can't offer you any personal experience insight.

If there's a problem with one or more of the lines we'll replace or refund. please keep me posted. sorry for the hassles.

·
Registered
63,013 Posts
Re: Need urgent help with SS brake lines... (vizwiz)

Man do you have your problems.
Someone is going to have to spend some time and really try to track down your leak. It's strange that no one can see it

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Need urgent help with SS brake lines... (JRL)

Update: False alarm (well not really). But anyways, we ran a pressure test through the lines for the last hour and the pressure is holding so all in all it wasn't a leak but there is probably a crap load of air in the system. Gonna have to rebleed this a couple of times just to be safe.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts

Just remember RR, LR, RF, LF.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.